Helicopter Association International is partnering with EAA to establish a new, dedicated â€œhome away from homeâ€ for the international helicopter community at EAA AirVenture 2011 in Oshkosh this summer.
The partnership unites the producer of HELI-EXPOÂ®, the worldâ€™s largest trade show dedicated to helicopters being held here through March 8, with the organizer of the worldâ€™s largest general aviation event, AirVenture, to be held July 25-31, 2011.
â€œHAI is dedicated to advancing the international helicopter community and we are proud to partner with EAA, which is committed to nurturing the spirit of flight throughout the world,â€ said HAI President Matt Zuccaro. â€œAirVenture Oshkosh provides an excellent opportunity to promote the unique contributions vertical flight offers to society and will complement our growing success with HELI-EXPO as well as our other exhibit and outreach efforts around the world.â€
â€œWeâ€™re excited to welcome HAI and its Heli Center to EAA AirVenture beginning this year,â€ EAA president Rod Hightower said. â€œHelicopters are an exciting and innovative part of aviation, and are a passion for thousands of aviators. Weâ€™re glad to be welcoming more of those helicopter owners and pilots, and their aircraft, to Oshkosh through HAIâ€™s Heli Center.â€
Under the partnership, HAI will set up and operate the Heli Center, a pavilion on an 80X200-foot site close to the flight line and show center at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wis., home to what has come to be known as â€œThe Worldâ€™s Greatest Aviation Celebration!â€ AirVenture draws more than 500,000 attendees from North America and around the world and 10,000-plus aircraft to Wittman Regional and other airports in east-central Wisconsin, including more than 2,600 show planes.
The Heli Center will provide a central location for helicopter-related exhibitors to highlight their products and services to those attendees and re-introduce many fixed-wing fans to the helicopter. HAI also will become a named sponsor of AirVenture’s Forums Building and host helicopter-focused presentations and discussions there.
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services
- AHS selects 2018 Nikolsky Honorary Lectureship recipient
- HAI President Message – They Love Us When They Need Us
- Construction starts on Eemshaven Heliport
- Israeli Brigadier General takes CH-53K King Stallion orientation flight
- UK – Leeds General Infirmary adds fire equipment to allow 24×7 ops
- Harris Corp awarded $100M contract for CV-22 Countermeasures
- Raytheon awarded $8M contract for Delivery of H-60 Spare Parts
- UAE to build unmanned Ka226T
- NYPD Aviation Unit Increases Coverage on Illegally Flown Drones
- HFI Scholarship Applications Now Open
- Georgia Hospital to add helipad
- RCMP Investigate Helicopter Parts Theft
- FAA and GA national #FlySafe Campaign
- Workhorse Announces First Manned Flight of SureFly
- German supplier wins five year Chinook parts contract from Boeing
- Bell appoints Abu Dhabi Aviation as CSF for 212s and 412s
- Falcon Aviation to add three more AW169s, leased from Milestone