Helicopter Association International is partnering with EAA to establish a new, dedicated â€œhome away from homeâ€ for the international helicopter community at EAA AirVenture 2011 in Oshkosh this summer.
The partnership unites the producer of HELI-EXPOÂ®, the worldâ€™s largest trade show dedicated to helicopters being held here through March 8, with the organizer of the worldâ€™s largest general aviation event, AirVenture, to be held July 25-31, 2011.
â€œHAI is dedicated to advancing the international helicopter community and we are proud to partner with EAA, which is committed to nurturing the spirit of flight throughout the world,â€ said HAI President Matt Zuccaro. â€œAirVenture Oshkosh provides an excellent opportunity to promote the unique contributions vertical flight offers to society and will complement our growing success with HELI-EXPO as well as our other exhibit and outreach efforts around the world.â€
â€œWeâ€™re excited to welcome HAI and its Heli Center to EAA AirVenture beginning this year,â€ EAA president Rod Hightower said. â€œHelicopters are an exciting and innovative part of aviation, and are a passion for thousands of aviators. Weâ€™re glad to be welcoming more of those helicopter owners and pilots, and their aircraft, to Oshkosh through HAIâ€™s Heli Center.â€
Under the partnership, HAI will set up and operate the Heli Center, a pavilion on an 80X200-foot site close to the flight line and show center at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wis., home to what has come to be known as â€œThe Worldâ€™s Greatest Aviation Celebration!â€ AirVenture draws more than 500,000 attendees from North America and around the world and 10,000-plus aircraft to Wittman Regional and other airports in east-central Wisconsin, including more than 2,600 show planes.
The Heli Center will provide a central location for helicopter-related exhibitors to highlight their products and services to those attendees and re-introduce many fixed-wing fans to the helicopter. HAI also will become a named sponsor of AirVenture’s Forums Building and host helicopter-focused presentations and discussions there.
- Spectrum Health celebrates 30 years of Aero Med
- Manatee County Sheriff bids for new helicopter
- Idaho operator Timberline Helicopters moving to new base
- Mount Isa EMS helicopter updated from B230 to BK117
- India moves more armed helicopters to Chinese border
- Safran and Thai Aviation Industries to support Royal Thai Armed Forces
- SaxonAir adds two AW109SP GrandNew helicopters to charter fleet
- Japan Coast Guard orders three more H225s
- Bristow Group To Present At The 2017 J.P. Morgan Energy Equity Conference
- TAI Reveals the New T625 Mutli-Role
- CAMCOPTER® S-100 completes successful qualification flights for French Navy
- Foreign Pilots to follow new Malaysian Safety Measures
- Poison risk at Alaska helipad
- Conservationists oppose Alberta helipad for mountain tours
- Israeli Air Force Fleet Grounded
- Joint Venture for the production of Ka-226T in India
- Safran acquires ISEI
- ViaSat Secures Multi-Year Contract
- Arville fabrics used in London EMS Explorers
- CONTROP Launches Compact Payload for UAS