Helicopter Association International is partnering with EAA to establish a new, dedicated â€œhome away from homeâ€ for the international helicopter community at EAA AirVenture 2011 in Oshkosh this summer.
The partnership unites the producer of HELI-EXPOÂ®, the worldâ€™s largest trade show dedicated to helicopters being held here through March 8, with the organizer of the worldâ€™s largest general aviation event, AirVenture, to be held July 25-31, 2011.
â€œHAI is dedicated to advancing the international helicopter community and we are proud to partner with EAA, which is committed to nurturing the spirit of flight throughout the world,â€ said HAI President Matt Zuccaro. â€œAirVenture Oshkosh provides an excellent opportunity to promote the unique contributions vertical flight offers to society and will complement our growing success with HELI-EXPO as well as our other exhibit and outreach efforts around the world.â€
â€œWeâ€™re excited to welcome HAI and its Heli Center to EAA AirVenture beginning this year,â€ EAA president Rod Hightower said. â€œHelicopters are an exciting and innovative part of aviation, and are a passion for thousands of aviators. Weâ€™re glad to be welcoming more of those helicopter owners and pilots, and their aircraft, to Oshkosh through HAIâ€™s Heli Center.â€
Under the partnership, HAI will set up and operate the Heli Center, a pavilion on an 80X200-foot site close to the flight line and show center at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wis., home to what has come to be known as â€œThe Worldâ€™s Greatest Aviation Celebration!â€ AirVenture draws more than 500,000 attendees from North America and around the world and 10,000-plus aircraft to Wittman Regional and other airports in east-central Wisconsin, including more than 2,600 show planes.
The Heli Center will provide a central location for helicopter-related exhibitors to highlight their products and services to those attendees and re-introduce many fixed-wing fans to the helicopter. HAI also will become a named sponsor of AirVenture’s Forums Building and host helicopter-focused presentations and discussions there.
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad