Helicopter Association International is partnering with EAA to establish a new, dedicated â€œhome away from homeâ€ for the international helicopter community at EAA AirVenture 2011 in Oshkosh this summer.
The partnership unites the producer of HELI-EXPOÂ®, the worldâ€™s largest trade show dedicated to helicopters being held here through March 8, with the organizer of the worldâ€™s largest general aviation event, AirVenture, to be held July 25-31, 2011.
â€œHAI is dedicated to advancing the international helicopter community and we are proud to partner with EAA, which is committed to nurturing the spirit of flight throughout the world,â€ said HAI President Matt Zuccaro. â€œAirVenture Oshkosh provides an excellent opportunity to promote the unique contributions vertical flight offers to society and will complement our growing success with HELI-EXPO as well as our other exhibit and outreach efforts around the world.â€
â€œWeâ€™re excited to welcome HAI and its Heli Center to EAA AirVenture beginning this year,â€ EAA president Rod Hightower said. â€œHelicopters are an exciting and innovative part of aviation, and are a passion for thousands of aviators. Weâ€™re glad to be welcoming more of those helicopter owners and pilots, and their aircraft, to Oshkosh through HAIâ€™s Heli Center.â€
Under the partnership, HAI will set up and operate the Heli Center, a pavilion on an 80X200-foot site close to the flight line and show center at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wis., home to what has come to be known as â€œThe Worldâ€™s Greatest Aviation Celebration!â€ AirVenture draws more than 500,000 attendees from North America and around the world and 10,000-plus aircraft to Wittman Regional and other airports in east-central Wisconsin, including more than 2,600 show planes.
The Heli Center will provide a central location for helicopter-related exhibitors to highlight their products and services to those attendees and re-introduce many fixed-wing fans to the helicopter. HAI also will become a named sponsor of AirVenture’s Forums Building and host helicopter-focused presentations and discussions there.
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T