Enstrom Helicopter Corporation has signed a purchase agreement with Aero Facility Co. Ltd., Enstrom’s representative in Japan, for the second of a planned 30 TH-480B turbine training helicopter procurement for the Japanese Ground Self Defense Force. The agreement, signed at Enstrom’s Booth during the HAI Expo in Orlando, FL, calls for delivery of the aircraft to Japan in August of 2011, with final delivery to the JGSDF in February of 2012.
“This next aircraft represents a continuation of the process started last year to build up the JGSDF’s TH-480B fleet,” said Mitsuo Hattori, Aviation Director of Aero Facility. “We will deliver the second aircraft for instructor training in early 2012, and then continue delivering the remainder of the fleet through 2014.”
“This is an important program for Enstrom,” says Enstrom’s Director of Sales & Marketing, Tracy Biegler. “It’s allowing us to grow the company and refine our organization. What we are doing today in Japan will benefit all of our customers down the road.” Biegler sees the TH-480B contract as laying the groundwork for a bright future. “There is a lot of activity in the military training market and Enstrom is positioning itself, through product and process improvements, to build on these recent successes.”
The TH-480B is the JGSDF designation for the Enstrom 480B light turbine helicopter. Enstrom was chosen in a competitive bidding process over two formidable manufacturers in February of 2010 to replace the JGSDF fleet of training helicopters. The first TH-480B was delivered to the JGSDF in February of 2011.
Enstrom is represented in Asia by Blake & DeJong Ltd., and in Japan by Aero Facility Co. Ltd. For more information on Blake & DeJong Ltd., please contact [email protected]. For more information on Aero Facility, please visitwww.aero.co.jp.
Founded in 1959, Enstrom Helicopter Corporation manufactures a complete line of helicopters. The three-seat, piston-powered F28F and 280FX are popular training, sport, and light commercial aircraft. The larger turbine-powered 480B is available as a three-place advanced trainer and patrol aircraft, a 2+2 four seat training helicopter, or as a three to five place executive transport. For law enforcement applications Enstrom produces an optionally equipped variant of the 480B, known as the Guardian, and the F28F, called the Sentinel. Enstrom can be found on the Internet at www.enstromhelicopter.com.
- Enstrom provides update on their new owners
- Argentina certifies Enstrom 480B
- Enstrom selects Garmin G1000H for 480B
- Rolls-Royce delivers 31,000th M250 engine to Enstrom
- New owners at Enstrom Helicopter Corp
- 30-Nov-12 Enstrom 480B Pondok Cabe, Indonesia
- Japan accepts 10th of 30 Enstrom 480s
- Enstrom refreshes website
- Enstrom delivers last of 16 480Bs to Royal Thai Army
- Gardner Aviation Services completes 3 Enstrom 480B Garmin G-500H upgrades
- Enstrom 480B spray system certified in China
- Sandel avionics chosen for Enstrom 480 fleet in Japan
- Japan signs for another 28 Enstrom TH-480s
- 16th birthday first solo on turbine and piston helicopters
- Enstrom delivers four more 480s to Royal Thai Army
- Enstrom appoints new dealer in China
- Enstrom delivers first 280FX in four years
- Enstrom expects Japanese signature by January
- First three Enstrom 480s deliverd to Royal Thai Army
- Enstrom 480B certified in China