The National Transportation Safety Board, Angel Flight, and Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) will hold a volunteer pilot safety stand down seminar at the NTSB Training Center in Ashburn, Virginia on March 25, 2011.
Below is the seminar's agenda:
Keynote Address: Chairman Deborah A.P. Hersman, National Transportation Safety Board 9:00-9:30 am.
· Four NTSB accident briefs from investigations involving volunteer pilots - Mr. Paul Cox, Senior Air Safety Investigator
· Weather Issues - Mr. Don Eick, Meteorologist
· TWA800 lecture and viewing of the reconstruction of the aircraft (2 sessions) - Dr. Paul Schuda, Director, NTSB Training Center
· Perspectives From the FAA - Ms. Susan Parson, Editor of ?FAA Safety Briefing? magazine
· Safety Systems - Ms. Karen Arendt, FAA Washington FSDO FAAST Team Program Manager
· Volunteer Pilots - Mr. Bruce Landsberg, President of AOPA Foundation
· Final Approach Fix Inbound - Mr. Jonathan Greenway, Chief Flight Instructor and Safety Director, Air Safety Institute
· Topic To Be Determined - AOPA Legal (To Be Determined)
Registration is free and limited to 200 participants. Attendees must register on line at: abuys.com/pilotsafety.
Lunch is being provided courtesy of AOPA at no cost to participants.
Information about the NTSB Training Center is available at: www.ntsb.gov/TC/trainingcenter.htm.
- Avinics Appoints New CEO Western Europe
- DART Launches Redesigned iPad App to Better Support its Customers
- Next-Generation Transponder receives DoD Certification
- Russian Helicopters congratulates winners of 21st Century Helicopters competition
- Safety Experts Join PRISM Helicopter and Business Aviation Team
- Air Comm acquires Meggitt (Addison)
- New head for Air BP
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- 23-May-13 PNB-8302 Eurocopter Bo105 Caracas, Venezuela (5F)
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- R66 lands at North Pole