Garmin International, Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation, and Kuerzi Avionics AG, an industry leader in helicopter and aircraft services in Europe, have proudly teamed together to obtain European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) certification for the installation of the Garmin G500H glass cockpit in the Eurocopter AS350. With this STC, any authorized Garmin aviation dealer can install a G500H in an AS350 in accordance with EASA guidelines.
“The G500H is becoming a very popular avionics suite with the helicopter community because of its vast capability and flexibility,” said Gary Kelley, Garmin’s vice president of marketing. “We are very pleased to work with Kuerzi on this STC and we believe the G500H is a great way to update AS350 helicopters so they can operate at a whole new level.”
The G500H is an all-glass avionics system designed specifically for the VFR Part 27 helicopter market. The primary flight display (PFD) shows attitude, airspeed, vertical speed, altitude and course/heading information, and the multi-function display (MFD) has detailed moving map graphics with the helicopter’s current position in relation to terrain, chart data, navaids, and flight plan routings. The system offers features like helicopter synthetic vision technology (HSVT), XM WX Satellite Weather with NEXRAD, the ability to display video from a forward looking infrared (FLIR) camera or other video sources, and a helicopter-specific database with over 7,000 heliports and nearly 30,000 additional low-altitude obstacles in addition to the already extensive obstacle database found in the fixed-wing G500 system.
About Garmin International Inc.
Garmin International Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation. Since 1989, this group of companies has designed, manufactured, marketed and sold navigation, communication and information devices and applications – most of which are enabled by GPS technology. Garmin’s products serve automotive, mobile, wireless, outdoor recreation, marine, aviation, and OEM applications. Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit Garmin's virtual pressroom at www.garmin.com/pressroom or contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200. Garmin and GDL are registered trademarks, and G1000H is a trademark of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- SHG receives its 70th Eurocopter
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- Sky Tech joins Turbomeca Certified Maintenance Center Network
- RSG delivers newly completed AS350B3e to Guatemala
- ANAC approves Dart’s full emergency litter kit for AS350/355
- 08-May-13 Eurocopter AS350 Morro da Urca HP, Brazil
- 02-May-13 PP-EIH Eurocopter AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 02-May-13 N209LF Eurocopter EC130 Walnut Hill, US-Florida
- Regular sightseeing tours start in London
- Huntsville Hospital’s AS350 now carrying blood
- 30-Apr-13 C-FINX Eurocopter AS350BA Godbout, Canada
- Helibras selects Safran Engineering Services as system integrator
- 27-Apr-13 LN-OVO Eurocopter AS350B3 Roldal, Norway
- Metro Aviation delivers AS350 to EagleMed
- Nepal’s Fishtail Air adds an AS350B3+
- Brazil’s State of Pará orders two AS350B2
- Coast to Coast Helicopters adds two AS350B3e to Mustang fleet
- New AS350 for Castleview Hospital
- 09-Apr-13 C-GZBA Eurocopter AS350B3e Tenquille Lake, Canada