Following the success of the main HeliHub.com gallery - soon to pass the 6,000 images mark - we are today launching a more specialised gallery covering helicopter display teams.
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the outstanding success of our main gallery is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself and to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Display Team Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industry’s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- AgustaWestland secures first broadcasting AW169 sale
- Helipad approved for luxury Mallorca marina
- Christie to supply projectors for German Federal Police EC155/AS332 flight training devices
- US Army dispose of two CH-47D Chinooks
- Female Embry-Riddle Students Given WAI Memberships
- Indonesian military develops underslung basket and platform
- Northern NSW Westpac Helicopter Services combine
- Wucher Helicopter launches winter season EC135 operation
- Colorado Heli-Ops marks three milestones in one day
- STARS provides update on Winnipeg base
- Austria files request for three UH-60Ms
- 08-Dec-13 VH-VMT Eurocopter EC120 Byron Bay, Australia
- Delaware Police seek help finding suspect in helicopter scam
- Bell face second lawsuit over Sept 2010 NYPD Bell 412 accident
- Bell-Boeing receive $15M delivery order for eight V-22 helmet mounted display kits
- Successful maiden flight of the world’s first green helicopter
- Aero Dynamix receives AS9100 & ISO 9001 Certification
- Bond wins five year contract for two S92s with Nexen Petroleum
- 08-Dec-13 Boeing CH-47D Jericho, Israel
- 08-Dec-12 Eurocopter EC120 Niagara, Canada