Following the success of the main HeliHub.com gallery - soon to pass the 6,000 images mark - we are today launching a more specialised gallery covering helicopter display teams.
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the outstanding success of our main gallery is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself and to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Display Team Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industry’s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- Register Update – USA – week to 9 March 2014
- Bristow to present at Howard Weil 42nd Annual Energy Conference
- Vector Signs Exclusive 5-year MRO Support Contract with Sunshine Helicopters
- Vector Financial Services appoints Sales Director
- A Royal Visit to London Air Ambulance
- Robinson R44 rescues 11 from South African river
- Virtual Lynx MK.9A joins British Army fleet
- Dallas Avionics named exclusive US Distributor for Technisonic TDFM 9100 Transceiver
- Base for Australian MH-60R fleet progresses at full speed
- INAER Spain joins with University of Alicante for R&D
- UK – New ED plans at Hull Royal Infirmary include helipad
- MEAHA endorses Dubai Helishow
- Embry-RIddle opens registration for online Human Factors course
- Profile – Midwest Helicopter Airways
- Gundersen Health System adds helipad
- Universal Avionics appoints Program Development Manager, Military and Government
- As wildfire season nears, proposal to fund Colorado fleet stalled
- Integration of Flightcell tracking into Spidertracks website
- California man gets 14 years for pointing laser at police helicopter
- Analysis Report – US DoD and Civil Helicopter Markets