Following the success of the main HeliHub.com gallery – soon to pass the 6,000 images mark – we are today launching a more specialised gallery covering helicopter display teams.
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the outstanding success of our main gallery is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself and to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Display Team Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
HeliHub.com launches Helicopter Display Teams photo gallery
- Peru buys Dutch SAR Bell 412 fleet
- KAI flies Marines variant of Surion
- Court finds UK military airfields must meet CAA standards for civilian flights
- GA groups urge FAA to lower barriers to ADS-B
- Teamsters’ Sikorsky workers union leaders deposed after probe
- Sikorsky opens new office in Houston – with 76D demo flights
- Here Are 20 Billion Reasons Not to Sell Sikorsky
- Guidance Aviation features in new TV series
- Phoenix launches Arizona service centre for Airbus and Turbomeca
- Turbomeca wins certification of latest Arriel 2+ variant
- Gothenburg City Airport closure could hit helicopter ops
- Gulf Coast Avionics wins DEA helicopter avionics upgrade contract
- Register Update – USA – week to 18 January 2015
- Register Update – Norway – December 2014
- VFF Scholarship Application Deadline
- Thales to take €100m hit from DCNS losses
- Uni-Fly wins UK windfarm contract with Dong Energy
- Mi-26T heavy-lift helicopter celebrates 30 years
- Cavalry conducts final flight of Kiowa Warriors, case colors
- National Guard helicopters support Border Patrol