Following the success of the main HeliHub.com gallery – soon to pass the 6,000 images mark – we are today launching a more specialised gallery covering helicopter display teams.
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the outstanding success of our main gallery is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself and to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Display Team Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- Russian Helicopters hands over first Mi-8AMTSh to Russian Arctic forces
- First of two AW139s for Atlantic Airways now in flight test
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance submits new base plan but a question remains
- UK AAIB Bulletin – November 2015
- Philippine National Police to overhaul two R44s; EC145 purchase on hold
- Bell prepares to fly 300th 429
- Indonesia orders three AW101s for VVIP work
- India – Two government-funded hospitals to get helipads
- Kaman sells two K-Max firefighters to China
- Breeze-Eastern merges with TransDigm Corp
- India – two new routes launched from Srinagar
- Second Bristow S92 arrives at Newquay for UK SAR contract
- Register Update – USA – week to 22 November 2015
- FAA warns users of noise-cancelling headsets
- Lockheed Martin awarded $7.9M delivery order for H-60 receiver processors
- EASA approves Mecaer interior for H145 Mercedes Benz Style
- East Texas Medical Center celebrates 30 years of Air 1
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance doctor wins Lifetime Achievement award
- London’s Air Ambulance app wins award
- Maverick opens $5 Million new Las Vegas terminal