Following the success of the main HeliHub.com gallery - soon to pass the 6,000 images mark - we are today launching a more specialised gallery covering helicopter display teams.
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the outstanding success of our main gallery is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself and to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Display Team Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industry’s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- EASA certifies EC225 gear shaft redesign
- FlightSafety names new Rotorcraft Business Development Director
- Mexico requests 18 UH-60M Black Hawks
- Bell sells five B505 JRX to Aerochine Aviation
- Selex ES to support Malaysian Super Lynx sensors
- FAA and Transport Canada approve Dart R66 Cargo Mirror and Bearpaws
- Xinjang Tianyun General Aviation Co orders a Bell 407GX
- Bell Expands Maintenance Training Offerings in Singapore
- USHST Calls for More Helicopter Safety Vigilance
- Global Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Market Report
- Register Update – USA – week to 20 April 2014
- Register Update – USA – week to 13 April 2014
- UK Cabri fleet will be 15 by June 2015
- Canada approves Dart’s R66 Emergency Float System
- FAA creates new type of experimental certificate
- FAA Extends Deadline for Final Helicopter Safety Rule
- EASA certifies Airbus EC145T2 – Deliveries start in Q3
- Kaman New Zealand SH-2G(I) Achieves First Flight
- UK – Helicentre to Deliver University Helicopter Degree
- Airbus Helicopters launches Japan’s first helicopter full flight simulator