Following the success of the main HeliHub.com gallery – soon to pass the 6,000 images mark – we are today launching a more specialised gallery covering helicopter display teams.
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the outstanding success of our main gallery is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself and to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Display Team Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- Sundance implements FAA safety action programs
- Astronics Corporation Powers BELL 525 Relentless First Flight
- Moog Celebrates First Flight of Bell Helicopter 525 Relentless
- JSSI®Introduces Seminars Series for Aircraft Owners & Operators in South America
- DART Aerospace & Heliswiss Iberica:Expandingin the European Market
- Bell 525 Relentless Makes Successful First Flight
- Bristow Academy Awards First Annual Scholarship
- Bundaberg council delays Bargara helipad decision for third time
- Life saving Thames Valley Air Ambulance win Pride of Bucks award
- Retired UK helicopter pilot took £20K from Old Boys’ club
- Egypt apparently acquiring NH90 for FREMM frigate
- Global Military Helicopter Market – Strategic Outlook to 2025
- ATSB Commissioner reappointed
- Helicopter New York City funds meals for Manhattan homeless
- Register Update – Canada – June 2015
- Bristow starts UK SAR operations from Caernarfon and Lydd
- Government of Bhutan selects Airbus H130
- Lynn Tilton loses bid to block SEC fraud case
- Mesa Police adds new MD530F to fleet
- Helicopter services start from Ghangaria to Hemkund Saheb shrine