Following the success of the main HeliHub.com gallery – soon to pass the 6,000 images mark – we are today launching a more specialised gallery covering helicopter display teams.
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the outstanding success of our main gallery is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself and to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Display Team Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- First Sikorsky S76D arrives in Europe
- Latest British Cabri G2 is first with Aspen Avionics panel
- Fourth Snow Landing Crash for The Helicopter Line
- Register Update – USA – week to 25 September 2016
- HeliAir Sweden Replaces MD500s with EC120B
- SB-1 Defiant and V-280 Valor to Fly in 2017
- Santo Domingo Heliport Expansion
- First search and rescue for MH-60R
- Australian military marks first EC135 Flight
- GNAAS seeks funding for base project
- Aircraft Structural Repair to sponsor UH1OPS.com
- Tribute fly past for National Police Memorial Day
- Apply for an HFI Scholarship
- M International Exhibiting at Helitech 2016
- CEO Rescue in the Rockies fundraiser raises nearly $400,000
- American Helicopter Museum marks 20th Anniversary
- Bristow Rescues Louisiana Residents from Flooding
- Airlift wins Norwegian marine pilot contract with AW169s
- Statoil report warns cost cutting should not risk safety
- Boeing and Korean Air Work on Unmanned MD500