Following the success of the main HeliHub.com gallery – soon to pass the 6,000 images mark – we are today launching a more specialised gallery covering helicopter display teams.
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the outstanding success of our main gallery is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself and to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Display Team Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- EASA approves FastFin System for AB412
- Sikorsky Awarded DARPA ALIAS Phase 3 Contract to Increase Aircraft Autonomy
- FAA Issues General Aviation Medical Rule
- HAI announces Aerospace Safety and Humanitarian Service awardees
- SAE International Tasked by FAA to Develop Technical Standards for Rotorcraft Inlet Barrier Filters
- CAE USA wins Army contract to provide rotary-wing flight training instructor support services
- Night-Lit Emergency Helicopter Landing Sites Programme Reaches Phase II
- Department of Health of Puerto Rico Selects the Bell 429
- Prince William to Resign from East Anglian Air Ambulance
- NYPD Win Approval for S-76D to Fly State Governor
- Arrow Aviation Restores Iconic Eagle One Helicopter
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit 2017 calls for papers
- Wirestrike warning for pilots
- Russian Northern Fleet Starts Ka27M Training
- First Flight for New Simrik Air 407 GXP
- Nigerian Air Force Receives First Mi35M Delivery
- UK – Heli Charter is no longer a Bell CSF
- Bell training centre in Spain now certified and open for business
- Babcock Mission Critical Services Onshore orders two H135s for UK windfarm contract
- Waypoint leases Airbus H225 to GHS for ops in Africa