Following the success of the main HeliHub.com gallery – soon to pass the 6,000 images mark – we are today launching a more specialised gallery covering helicopter display teams.
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the outstanding success of our main gallery is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself and to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Display Team Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- SonAir Selects Heli-One unit in Poland for Super Puma G-Checks
- Norwegian Air Ambulance orders three H135s
- Turbomeca highlights 2015 achievements and commitments
- Turbomeca studies innovative systems and architectures for helicopter propulsion
- ITT showcases rotorcraft solutions at Helitech 2015
- Airbus introduces H145 Mercedes-Benz Style
- Marenco Swisshelicopter picks Pall barrier filters for SKYe SH09
- WAI Welcomes Cassandra Bosco as Newest Staff Member
- AgustaWestland certified by EASA to supply FMS Navigation Database
- Bel Air AW189s pass 2000 Flight Hour Milestone
- Second H160 prototype to fly before year end
- FAA Administrator Signals Safety Evolution
- Turbomeca signs support contract with Bristow for Makila and Arriel engines
- Helitech opens with only three manufacturers present
- US National Defense Authorization Act expected to approve $2.8 Billion for Bell military programs
- Air Methods Acquires San Antonio AirLIFE
- Australia – Standoff on Sorrento helipad
- First flight for Chinese Z-11WB armed helicopter
- Lancaster General Hospital to relocate helipad for two years
- Russian Helicopters to unveil new models and UAV