Following the success of the main HeliHub.com gallery - soon to pass the 6,000 images mark - we are today launching a more specialised gallery covering helicopter display teams.
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the outstanding success of our main gallery is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself and to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Display Team Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industry’s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- NH90: Retrofit of New Zealand’s fleet completed
- Bell introduces the first two 429s to Poland
- FAA Proposes $428,000 Civil Penalty Against Air Methods Corporation
- Bell showcases 429 WLG’s capabilities through 5 month Latin America demo tour
- First Hellfire missile test for Royal Australian Navy MH-60R
- Airbus Helicopters Canada delivers AS350 B3e to Lakeshore Helicopters
- Adena Selects MedFlight for Critical Care Air Transport
- Communications & Power Industries Awarded $6M To Support Apache
- Airbus Helicopters starts delivery of EC145 T2 with DRF Luftrettung
- Raytheon fires four TALON Laser-Guided Rockets from MD 530G helicopter
- Helitech – EHA Rotorcraft Seminars lift off with keynote address from EASA
- Building cooperation at Hot Blade 2014
- Rotorcraft Support adds EC130T2 STC for replacement of NiCad battery
- Apache Guardians perform first deck landing qualifications
- OPITO makes Gulf of Mexico travel safer with new survival training standard
- Osprey makes Sapporo Airshow debut
- Erickson Announces Date for Second Quarter 2014 Results
- Bell CEO John Garrison: In It Together
- REACH Air Medical Services AnnouncesNew Air Ambulance Base in Willits, CA
- Air Methods to Report Second Quarter Financial Results