Following the success of the main HeliHub.com gallery - soon to pass the 6,000 images mark - we are today launching a more specialised gallery covering helicopter display teams.
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the outstanding success of our main gallery is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself and to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Display Team Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industry’s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- Bell Helicopter and Textron Systems Announce First Joint Appearance at NATO Days
- Bell Helicopter Introduces Bell 505 Jet Ranger X to South Africa
- Bell Helicopter Continues to Promote Safety Worldwide with Fourth Safety Symposium in 2014
- Russian Helicopters to showcase commercial and military helicopters at AAD 2014 in South Africa
- FAA approves Cool City Avionics autopilot STC on R44
- Airbus Helicopters Canada Delivers AS350 for Muti-Mission Use
- Bose A20 Headsets and Electronic Flight Bags Arrive for Student Helicopter Pilots in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- V-22 flight tests validate ‘hot and high’ capability for Rolls-Royce AE 1107C engines
- Boeing to Explore Assisting Sky-Watch on Danish UAV Development Project
- Sikorsky Aircraft Selects LORD Corporation’s UltraConductive™ Technology for the S-97 RAIDER™ Helicopter Program
- USU Begins Rotorcraft Bachelor’s Program for Future Helicopter Pilots
- Rescue Helicopter Trust drops bid for funding from Board
- NTSB Sued for Obstruction of Justice
- Sikorsky awarded $9.2M delivery order for VH-3D interior overhaul
- Sikorsky awarded $14.5M for UH-60 transmisison overhauls
- AHIA queries Australian accident rates and latest FAA data
- Bristow To Present At The Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- Metro Aviation Delivers EC135 to Life Air Rescue
- Gulf Helicopters’ AW139 fleet passes 50,000 hour milestone
- Global Commercial and Military Flight Simulation Industry