Following the success of the main HeliHub.com gallery – soon to pass the 6,000 images mark – we are today launching a more specialised gallery covering helicopter display teams.
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the outstanding success of our main gallery is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself and to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Display Team Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- Heli Charter not ready for 1st January start with Wiltshire Bell 429
- Dutch Defence Minister re-starts NH90 deliveries
- New South Wales splits EMS cover into two contracts
- Great North Air Ambulance to carry blood from January
- Memorial service held on 50th anniversary of Coast Guard Rescue 1363 accident
- Okanagan Mounties track down stolen helicopter parts
- Court puts halt to Sindh AW139 acquisition
- Former Bay Area news helicopter pilot who used fake names must repay TV stations
- Burj Al Arab awarded first heliport licence in the UAE
- Trial date set in Mercy Air Med lawsuit
- NHI Delivers the first Spanish built NH90 TTH
- Phoenix Heli-Flight expands NORTH FDM technology to single engine fleet
- AHS International has legislative success in Congress
- Aeromedical research lab works to make MedEvac missions safer
- Airbus Helicopters Forging Ties With Innovative SMEs
- Metro Aviation becomes customer of RF System Lab
- Titan Accepts Delivery of Africa’s First S-76D
- Harford sheriff’s helicopter renamed SABLE 1 from Eagle 1
- New Mexico National Guard hosts annual Helicopter Safety Day
- AHS International Specialists’ Meeting on Propulsion