Following the success of the main HeliHub.com gallery - soon to pass the 6,000 images mark - we are today launching a more specialised gallery covering helicopter display teams.
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the outstanding success of our main gallery is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself and to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Display Team Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industry’s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- US Air Force to fund rescue helicopter in last-minute reversal
- Bird Strikes Problematic for Military Helicopters, Study Finds
- Greenpeace duped Stratus Helicopters when hiring R44
- PHI Announces $500 Million Private Offering of Senior Notes
- Fire chiefs urge Manitoba to re-instate STARS air ambulance
- ARGUS Releases 2013 SMS Audit Results Report
- Maryland AW139s flew 136 community outreach missions in 2013
- Bell sold 196 helicopters at Heli-Expo 2014, including 171 JRX
- Russian Helicopters deliver Mi-8AMT to UTair
- CAE to provide UH-60L/M Black Hawk simulator for Mexican Federal Police
- Argentine Federal Police take delivery of new EC135 and EC145
- All American now approved as an Airbus CSF
- Maersk Training announces two new offshore helideck emergency courses
- Helicopter Flight Training Center welcomes AMGH as Launch Customer
- Metro Aviation dedicated to safety through helicopter simulators
- Helicopter Flight Training Center will add Communication Center Lab to curriculum
- Metro Aviation welcomes Directors of Operations and Maintenance
- Helicopter Flight Training Center welcomes new Assistant Director of Training
- Helicopter Flight Training Center Welcomes CALSTAR as Co-Launch Customer for EC135 Simulator
- LifeFlight of Maine orders four more Belfort Automated Weather Observation Systems