Following the success of the main HeliHub.com gallery - soon to pass the 6,000 images mark - we are today launching a more specialised gallery covering helicopter display teams.
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the outstanding success of our main gallery is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself and to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Display Team Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industry’s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- Scotts Bell 47 ensures long term supply of Lycoming VO-435 pistons
- Indian defence chief clears his Ministry of any wrongdoing in AW101 case
- EagleMed Receives ARGUS Gold Rating for Safety
- New President joins Uniflight from Air Methods
- Element Financial acquires second helicopter lease portfolio
- New Zealand – New corporate helicopter facility at Hamilton Airport
- Erickson to present at the Imperial Capital 2013 Security Investor Conference
- Register Update – USA – week to 8 December 2013
- Wife sues firm of banker who died in Andes helicopter crash
- Italian Police Takes Delivery of its Fifth AW139
- GE Capital finances acquisition of Universal Helicopters
- Royal Naval frigate HMS Monmouth conducts first in-service Wildcat landings
- Glasgow EC135 Crash – Blades were not turning at impact
- Erickson Air-Crane announces first firefighting contract in Turkey
- MD Helicopters appoint Quest Aviation Solutions as agent for both India and China
- New Zealand compensated for NH90 delays
- US Army plans to scrap Kiowa fleet
- AgustaWestland secures first broadcasting AW169 sale
- Helipad approved for luxury Mallorca marina
- Christie to supply projectors for German Federal Police EC155/AS332 flight training devices