Following the success of the main HeliHub.com gallery - soon to pass the 6,000 images mark - we are today launching a more specialised gallery covering helicopter display teams.
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the outstanding success of our main gallery is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself and to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Display Team Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industry’s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- Russian Helicopters showcases new Ansat and Ka-226T at EMS event
- New St Luke Helicopter Hangar Almost Complete
- Heli-One adds innovative website search feature for Component Exchange and Surplus Inventory
- Eurocopter customer MHS praises EC175
- Onboard Systems to develop new cargo hook System for MD Explorer
- HMH-772 flies toward aerial excellence
- Register Update – South Africa – November 2013
- Register Update – Austria – November 2013
- London – Rooftop helipad approved for Kings College Hospital
- Bell approves Colombian Air Force to do their own Huey II conversions
- Bell settles with family of Tennessee Guardsman killed in Iraq OH-58D crash
- Pawan Hans pilots call off strike after management compromises
- EHEST publishes Safety Management Toolkit for non-Complex Operators
- Air Evac Lifeteam reaccredited by CAMTS
- Shell first to develop lead-free replacement for Avgas 100 and 100LL
- Rockwell Collins EP®-8000 image generators selected for Apache Longbow Crew Trainers
- State DOT puts Kingwood helistop application on hold
- Nominations-at-Large for HAI Board of Directors
- 05-Dec-13 N707MY Sikorsky S76B Port Fourchon, US-Louisiana
- Brazil becomes first export market with over 100 Robinson R66s