Vector Aerospace Helicopter Services-North America (Vector - www.vectoraerospace.com), a subsidiary of Vector Aerospace Corporation one of the world’s leading independent providers of helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services announces its Turbomeca-approved Arriel 2 engine repair and overhaul line; including full test capability is up and running.
“We are excited to introduce Vector’s newest engine capability to the market,” explains John MacDougall, Vector’s senior vice-president of sales and marketing. “Our years of experience and success I supporting the Arriel 1 engine has immediately opened the door for Vector in the Arriel 2 market, and immediately we received overhauls from leading heli-tour operators including Sunshine Helicopters and Maverick Helicopters, as well as several prominent United States-based helicopter fleet operators.”
“Vector received approval from Turbomeca in 2009 to offer repair and overhaul support for the Arriel 2 engine (including: 2B, 2B1, 2C, 2C1, 2C2, 2S1 and 2S2 series),” explains MacDougall. “From that point, we established a repair and overhaul line while also certifying and correlating our engine test cell to accommodate full test procedures.”
MacDougall emphasizes that the primary motivator for entering the Arriel 2 market was Vector’s awareness of a growing market requirement for additional repair and overhaul support; and Vector’s 20-plus years of success in supporting Arriel 1 operators was a clear indicator that it could manage the Arriel 2 equally well. Therefore, the addition of the Arriel 2 line to Vector’s existing engine portfolio made business sense for helicopter operators, the Original Equipment Manufacturer, and for Vector.
“The Arriel 2 engine is a great product that will be relevant to the industry for many years, and Vector is working diligently to ensure we are a key player in the Arriel 2 repair and overhaul market,” says MacDougall.
Vector Aerospace Corporation is an independent provider of aviation repair and overhaul services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and Africa, Vector provides services to commercial and military operators for various types of gas turbine engines, dynamic components, airframes and avionics.
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- HeliRussia – Russian Helicopters signs agreement with PANH Helicopters
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Helipad in Woodruff to be Discussed Again
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M for long-lead V-22 components
- Night Flight Concepts Launches Industry Specific NVIS Solution Programs
- Kaweah Delta hosts helipad completion celebration
- Register Update – USA – week to 12 May 2013
- Breeze-Eastern to Design and Produce New Winch for MV-22
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- TAI shows R300 unmanned helicopter
- FLIR Systems awarded $81M US Army contract
- Royal Canadian Air Force begins TigerEx 2013
- Helmet saves Otago helicopter pilot’s life
- Pilot missing after Shandong helicopter hijacked by 20 men