Lieutenant General Charles Bouchard, deputy commander of NATO's Allied Joint Force Command in Naples, has been designated head of the alliance's military campaign in Libya.
Lieutenant-General Bouchard enrolled in the Canadian Armed Forces in 1974 under the Officer Candidate Training Plan. He underwent pilot training graduating in 1976 as a helicopter pilot.
Lieutenant-General Bouchard flew Tactical Helicopters throughout his career including CH136 Kiowa, OH-58 A/C, AH-1S Cobra, CH135 Twin Huey and CH146 Griffon Helicopters. He served in various capacities at 427 Tactical Helicopter Squadron, Petawawa, Ontario and 403 Helicopter Operational Training Squadron, Gagetown, New Brunswick, and with the US Army at Fort Hood, Texas. He commanded 444 Tactical Helicopter Squadron in Lahr, Germany. His last flying appointment was as Commander 1 Wing based at Kingston, Ontario responsible for the operations of tactical helicopters in Canada.
Lieutenant-General Bouchard has served at Air Command Headquarters as Senior Staff Officer Tactical Helicopters and Deputy Chief of Staff Personnel. He also served as a Personnel Career Officer at National Defence Headquarters. He completed a tour of duty as Deputy Commander of the Continental US North American Aerospace Defense Command Region at Tyndall Air Force Base, Florida. He served as Commander 1 Canadian Air Division, Canadian North American Aerospace Defence Region and Combined Forces Air Component Commander, responsible for all Canadian Air Force operations. He recently completed a tour of duty as Deputy Commander, North American Aerospace Defense Command at Colorado Springs.
Lieutenant-General Bouchard is a graduate of the Canadian Forces Staff School, the Canadian Land Forces Command and Staff College, the Canadian Forces Command and Staff College, the National Strategic Studies Course, the Combined Forces Air Component Commander Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, and the Senior Executives' National and International Security Program at Harvard University.
He holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Studies from the University of Manitoba. He was promoted to his present rank in July 2007. He was appointed as an officer of the Order of Military Merit in 2001, promoted to the rank of Commander within the Order in 2006. He is an officer of the United States Legion of Merit. Lieutenant-General
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69