Buckle up the entire family for high-flying excitement when the American Heroes Air Show, the nation's premier aviation event devoted exclusively to helicopters, returns to the Texas Military Force’s historic Camp Mabry in Austin on Saturday, April 16th.
Since it’s inception in 1993 near Los Angeles, this admission-free event has grown from coast to coast by introducing the public to the unique capabilities and dynamic role of helicopters in our community every day. Event Director Wut Tantaksinanukij, with the Austin PD Aviation Section, invites families get an up-close look at these go-fast, high-tech aircraft and learn how their crews are on the front lines every day of homeland security, national defense and public service.
Dedicated to educating the public as to the unique capabilities of helicopters in law enforcement, fire service, public / private EMS, homeland defense and national security, this admission free event invites helicopters from local, regional, state and U.S. Military operators. Event Director Tantaksinanukij hopes to bring together a broad section of the community to meet the crews and get an up-close and personal look at the role helicopters play in public safety. . “I know all the crews are looking forward to meeting our event guests …which many of us serve on a daily basis,” Tantaksinanukij notes. “The aircraft and specialized equipment on display are a great centerpiece for organizations to talk with the community about careers in law enforcement, aviation and public service. The American Heroes Air Show provides us with a unique opportunity to spend quality time with the public and answer questions about our special mission -- that gives me a great feeling,” Tantaksinanukij explains.
More than just an Air Show
Once again the Heroes Air Show welcomes the Cost of Freedom Tribute from the American Veteran’s Traveling Tribute with the emotional centerpiece of their presentation – a scale replica of the Vietnam Memorial Wall. The Cost of Freedom Tribute will arrive Thursday after a motorcycle escort from Cowboy Harley-Davidson and will be available to the public on Camp Mabry’s Parade Field through Sunday.
Also on Saturday the “American Anthem” program invites the community to participate in a special ceremony as serving members of the U.S. military and others stand up before their family and the media and recite their Oath of Allegiance to become U.S. Citizens with AVTT’s Vietnam Memorial Wall providing the emotional backdrop.
“ … they’ve always been our heroes, … we invite the community to join us as they become our newest American citizens …” Wut Tantaksinanukij, American Heroes Air Show, Volunteer – Executive Producer
The event also features the popular CODE3 Career Fair which offers the community a rare chance to meet recruiting teams from law enforcement, public safety, government service, volunteer agencies and the military who are on-scene to profile their mission and provide information on hiring, training and the application process.
A long tradition at American Heroes Air Shows around the country, collectible event trading cards are available and free in limited quantities to early bird event arrivals. These popular trading cards feature photos of participating aircraft plus flight performance and mission profiles.
The American Heroes Air Show is proud to be part of the exciting two-day, admission-free American Heroes Celebration at Camp Mabry which features exciting military musters that recreate significant U.S. military engagements throughout history, along with musical entertainment, concessions, exciting demonstrations and public service themed activities for the entire family.
Date: The American Heroes Air Show is Saturday, April 16 2011
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The American Heroes Weekend is both Saturday and Sunday
FREE ADMISSION and PARKING all weekend.
Location: Texas Military Forces – Camp Mabry 2200 West 35th Street Austin, Texas 78703
More event details are available on our website: www.heroes-airshow.com
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- HeliRussia – Russian Helicopters signs agreement with PANH Helicopters
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Helipad in Woodruff to be Discussed Again
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M for long-lead V-22 components
- Night Flight Concepts Launches Industry Specific NVIS Solution Programs
- Kaweah Delta hosts helipad completion celebration
- Register Update – USA – week to 12 May 2013
- Breeze-Eastern to Design and Produce New Winch for MV-22
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- TAI shows R300 unmanned helicopter
- FLIR Systems awarded $81M US Army contract
- Royal Canadian Air Force begins TigerEx 2013
- Helmet saves Otago helicopter pilot’s life
- Pilot missing after Shandong helicopter hijacked by 20 men