In December 2010, LAH was awarded one of only eleven Rolls-Royce RR300 Service Centers worldwide.
After completing a thorough application process which included a background check, site visit, and interview with the Rolls-Royce Regional Manager and a local Rolls-Royce representative, LAH was awarded the first repair station in the United States.
Mark Thompson, Rolls-Royce Helicopter Maintenance Network Manager, said: "Rolls-Royce is proud to have Los Angeles Helicopters as part of our RR300 Service Center network. We are focused on giving our operators the best options for RR300 maintenance and know LAH will offer the excellent support and customer service our customers expect."
Rolls-Royce requires their repair centers to be an approved Part 145 Repair Station, have the most-up-to-date tools and inventory on hand, as well as a “clean room” for all engine repairs. Most importantly, Rolls-Royce requires any maintenance engineer who works on the RR300 engine to have attended a week long training course at their Indianapolis, Indiana facility.
LAH, Director of Maintenance, Lars Fallman attended one of the first RR300 courses and had this to say. “I am very impressed with the course and the new RR300 engine. I believe it to be the perfect fit with the Robinson R66.”
LAH is a FAA approved Part 145 Repair Station, Robinson Service Center, and has been a Robinson Dealer for the last five years. LAH provides maintenance repair to private owners, law enforcement agencies, as well as other local flight schools. President of LAH, Kimberly Orahoske states, “we look forward to our partnership with Rolls-Royce and believe this will provide many new opportunities as the Robinson R66 increases in popularity and sales.”
About Los Angeles Helicopters
LAH is based in Long Beach, CA and conducts flight training, Vertical Reference/long line training, tour operations and charters. LAH is authorized to issue the Form I-20 for international students to obtain an M-1 visa and approved by the VA to accept the GI Bill.
- Helifilte WA Celeberates Five Years Of Operation
- Canadian R66 certification nears
- Frank Robinson to receive 2013 Guggenheim Medal
- First R66 delivered in Bangladesh
- ATP releases five new Robinson libraries
- Russia orders 47 Robinson R66s
- Russia certifies the Robinson R66
- Is EASA R66 debacle really Robinson’s fault?
- UK allows uncertified R66 to fly commercially
- 09-Mar-13 ZK-IHU Robinson R66 Oamaru Valley, New Zealand (1F)
- Sloane Helicopters encouraged with R66 development
- Aerobraze congratulates Robinson on R66 success
- Helitowcart launches dual wheels for R66 and R44
- R66 Floats and cargo hook are Robinson’s top priority
- Robinson 2012 production 45% up on 2011
- New Helicopter Service in Palau, Micronesia with R66
- Nigerian Air Force take delivery of first two R66s
- Kurt Robinson named to IHST Executive Committee
- Robinson doubles R66 production rate
- Mornington Sanford Aviation gain R66 Factory Maintenance Training Approval