This year the ATP Navigator® online system was an award winner for a Flight Global Webbie Award in the category of “Best Use of Digital Technology.” We would like to thank Flight Global for creating and hosting the aviation Webbie Awards that celebrate the best and brightest in aviation websites and their social media activities. It is nice to see aviation services receive recognition for all the hard work they have done to support the industry.
This Flight Global Webbies, now in their third year, added three new categories this year including “Best Use of Digital Technology.” ATP is excited to have received second place in this category. The ATP Navigator® online system is a service (SaaS) that allows customers to access their ATP® regulatory and maintenance information, compliance tracking and maintenance intelligence over the Internet for improved time savings and productivity.
Here is what the judge for this category said about Navigator:
The judges (who were given login details to explore the site) said: "It is quite impressive. The design is dated and the functionality a little clunky but I can see this being valuable to maintenance companies and putting the software online as a real benefit compared to the offline database system that preceded it. It seems very comprehensive and I very much like the Ask Bob feature - very customer focused."
Given the large number of entries the judges had to review, for an international group of aviation companies, we appreciate their feedback. Like them, we believe the Navigator online product is impressive, and for those customers looking for a deployment alternative, a real benefit and valuable advantage.
However, I did want to address their comments regarding the ATP Navigator online system. In creating the system we felt that it was imperative to base it on the ATP Navigator® desktop system that tens of thousands of aviation maintenance professionals currently use. Throughout the years we have conducted customer surveys and usability studies where we received feedback expressing satisfaction with the interface, most users saying it is easy to use and intuitive.
While the online system was completely redesigned and rebuilt with state-of-the-art online technology, the interface is based on, and carefully resembles, the ATP Navigator® desktop product. We wanted the same great user experience available to our customers if they choose to make the transition to the new Navigator online service.
If this means our design is perceived as being a little dated, that is OK with us. Usability, functionality, and familiarity are much more important to ATP. For customers planning to move to ATP Navigator Online, we proudly say that you will be able to use it the same way as the Navigator desktop product. You will be able to use the same familiar and intuitive design as before with NO need for additional training! For new users, we would like you to know that, over the years, tens of thousands of customers have told us that the interface is intuitive and easy to learn.
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE
- SHG receives its 70th Eurocopter
- Bristow Group Announces 25% Dividend Increase
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- Air Methods Reaches Highest Level in FAA’s Safety Management System Program
- CAE-built Lynx full-mission flight trainer celebrates 25 years of service
- Universal Avionics Expands International Repair Capabilities for the EFI-890R/890H
- Soloy sells 12 Honeywell engine kits for Chinese AC311 helicopter
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- Universal Avionics Announces New Warranty Program
- Barco unveils new US Training/Simulation Demo Center
- UK Apache Hellfire missiles restocked in £15M deal
- Branding Iron hires new PR/Marketing Coordinator
- Register Update – USA – week to 19 May 2013
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- Ka-226T completes test EMS missions for Winter Olympics in Sochi
- StandardAero New Regional Manager for Russia, India and Asia-Pacific
- Avinco completes its third major transaction for CHC in 2013