During the Heli Russia Air Show, Russian Helicopters, JSC has formally placed on Turbomeca (Safran group) the first order for the delivery of 40 serial Ardiden 3G engines for the Ka-62.
This first lot of 40 engines will be delivered to Russian Helicopters over a period of two years.
Such order materializes the first step of the main agreements signed between Russian Helicopters, JSC and Turbomeca end of April 2011 for the development and supply of at least 308 Turbomeca Ardiden 3G engines to be installed on the updated Ka-62 helicopter.
Dmitry Petrov, Chief Executive of Russian Helicopters, said: “I am delighted that we have signed this first purchase, very close after having signed the supply contract. I am very confident that our partnership will be fruitful”.
Turbomeca (Safran group) is the leading helicopter engine manufacturer, and has produced over 68 000 turbines based on its own designs since the company was founded. Dedicated to 2,350 customers in 155 countries, Turbomeca provides a proximity service thanks to its 16 sites, 26 Maintenance Centers, 24 Repair & Overhaul Centers and 90 Field representatives and Field technicians. Microturbo, the subsidiary of Turbomeca, is the European leader in turbojet engines for missiles, drones and auxiliary power units. For more information, please visit our Web sites: www.turbomeca.com and www.safran-group.com.
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- Russian Helicopters to present latest developments at Heli-Expo 2013
- First Ka62 export sale recorded – to Brazil
- Russian navy to buy Ka-62 maritime helicopters
- Russian Helicopters to showcase in-demand models at ILA 2012
- Russian Helicopters signs support agreement with Turbomeca
- Turbomeca shows mockup of Ardiden 3G engine for Ka62 at HeliRussia
- Updated Ka62 will have Turbomeca Ardiden 3G engines
- Russian Helicopters choose Turbomeca Ardiden 3G engine for Kamov Ka62
- Roll-out of first production Ka62 due early 2010