Helicopteres Guimbal have told HeliHub.com that a dealer has been appointed to sell the Cabri into EUrope's biggest civil helicopter market - the United Kingdom.
Cotswold Helicopters, based at Kemble in Gloucestershire (also known as Cotswold Airport), have signed a dealership agreement with the French manufacturer and will be operating serial number 1028 later this summer. They will also be taking it to the Helitech exhibition at Duxford in September. The company has used Robinson R22 and R44 helicopters for training up to now, and the Cabri will add a new dimension to their fleet. The company is run by Oliver Heynes and jointly owned with his wife, Gemma Heynes.
The Cabri is a two-seater meeting the EASA "CS 27" small helicopter certification standard. It features a three-bladed main rotor, semi-articulated with composite blades, and a shrouded tail rotor with fail-safe plastic injected blades. The main fuselage structure in an autoclaved Honeycomb/carbonfibre/epoxy sandwich. EASA has also certified Cabri for float operations on water, and the type is also approved by the Australian Civil Aviation Authority.
Cotswold Helicopters' sister company HH Helicopters recently expanded their charter fleet with additions of both an Agusta A109A Mk.II and a Eurocopter AS355F2 Twin Squirrel. See HeliHub.com story. HH Helicopters is half owned by Tim Haigh with the other half split between Mr & Mrs Heynes.
Dealers are now appointed to sell Cabri G2 helicopters in Australia, France, Germany, New Zealand, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland and now the United Kingdom. Further countries are expected to be added soon.
Jeremy Parkin - HeliHub.com
- Germany – Hanseatic Helicopter Service adds a Cabri
- Italian distributor expects first Cabri in June
- Germany – Aeroheli International adds a Cabri
- EASA approves 31 more Lycoming engines for UL91 fuel
- Guimbal addresses Cabri vibration issue at 90-100 knots
- Polish military order Guimbal Cabri
- Heli-Union selects Cabri G2 for its flight training centre
- First UK repeat customer takes Britain’s fourth Cabri
- Third Cabri sold into UK market
- China’s Dalian Police train in Germany on Cabri
- Civil Aviation Flight University of China trains – in Germany
- Hélicoptères Guimbal to attend EHS 2013
- Germany’s Heli Aviation orders its seventh Guimbal Cabri
- 25-Oct-12 VH-CDU Guimbal Cabri G2 Bankstown, Australia
- Germany – Free iPad for new trainee pilots of the Heli Aviation
- Helicentre becomes second in UK to offer Cabri G2 training
- Germany’s Heli Aviation takes delivery of their 6th Cabri
- Second Cabri G2 expected in UK next week
- Guimbal develops iPad dock for Cabri
- 36th Cabri is first in Denmark