AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce it is expanding the number of Technical Representatives within its Customer Support & Services organization by 25%. Located in strategic sites around the globe based on regional demand and requirements, AgustaWestland’s Technical Representatives now numbering more than 40 and this will be increased to more than 50 by 2012.
Factory trained, highly qualified and experienced, the AgustaWestland Technical Representatives are able to provide assistance with troubleshooting and give on-the-job training to operators in addition to focusing on the prevention and resolution of in-service technical issues. Supporting more than 30 Customer Support Managers with regional responsibilities, the Technical Representatives also assist customers to seamlessly introduce new AgustaWestland helicopters into profitable service. The Technical Representatives can call on the extensive resources of AgustaWestland, including the technical and engineering specialists back at the factories. Additionally, they can access fleet wide information through the AgustaWestland Fleet Operations Centre.
The Fleet Operations Centre in Italy was established in 2010 to provide a 24 hours a day / 7 days a week service for commercial operators who have an ‘Aircraft on the Ground’ (AOG) and to manage urgent technical and logistic requests in order to keep customer’s aircraft flying. This project continues the expansion and investment of AgustaWestland in the enhancement of its global customer support capabilities driven by the commitment to provide total customer support solutions to its customers and operators.
- EASA certifies EC225 gear shaft redesign
- FlightSafety names new Rotorcraft Business Development Director
- Mexico requests 18 UH-60M Black Hawks
- Bell sells five B505 JRX to Aerochine Aviation
- Selex ES to support Malaysian Super Lynx sensors
- FAA and Transport Canada approve Dart R66 Cargo Mirror and Bearpaws
- Xinjang Tianyun General Aviation Co orders a Bell 407GX
- Bell Expands Maintenance Training Offerings in Singapore
- USHST Calls for More Helicopter Safety Vigilance
- Global Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Market Report
- Register Update – USA – week to 20 April 2014
- Register Update – USA – week to 13 April 2014
- UK Cabri fleet will be 15 by June 2015
- Canada approves Dart’s R66 Emergency Float System
- FAA creates new type of experimental certificate
- FAA Extends Deadline for Final Helicopter Safety Rule
- EASA certifies Airbus EC145T2 – Deliveries start in Q3
- Kaman New Zealand SH-2G(I) Achieves First Flight
- UK – Helicentre to Deliver University Helicopter Degree
- Airbus Helicopters launches Japan’s first helicopter full flight simulator