Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation, and Jeppesen, a leading provider of aeronautical charting and navigation services, are pleased to announce PilotPak™, a new bundle pricing program for databases on select Garmin panel mount avionics. PilotPak provides a more affordable single aircraft pricing structure and simplifies the database purchase process by offering a one-stop shop experience.
“Garmin and Jeppesen are continuing to make it easier and more affordable for pilots to keep their aviation databases up-to-date,” said Gary Kelley, Garmin’s vice president of marketing. “We know that pilots depend on these databases for safety and convenience, and we’re pleased to work together to offer customers a single and comprehensive purchase and support solution.”
PilotPak provides all the databases within the selected package to be used with any combination of GTN™, G600, G500, G500H and G3X installed in one aircraft, all for a single annual price. Each bundle option includes Garmin’s popular SafeTaxi®, Obstacle, Terrain and Airport Directory, and customers are able to choose between bundle options that include Jeppesen NavData, Jeppesen JeppView and/or Garmin FliteCharts®.
With a PilotPak Standard Americas subscription, a pilot can enjoy 20 percent savings on databases for a single GTN or 60 percent savings with the inclusion of a G500 when compared to purchasing annual subscriptions to each database individually. When Garmin’s FliteCharts are included, the savings on databases for a single GTN 750 amount to over 30 percent and when combined with a G500, the customer saves over 70 percent. Whether a pilot has one or more of the qualified avionics, they pay a single, affordable price for the selected package.
The databases have been bundled into several different packages:
The Lite, Standard and Standard with Garmin FliteCharts PilotPak options are available from www.flygarmin.com. The Standard and Standard with Jeppesen JeppView options are available at www.jeppesen.com/gtn.
Garmin International Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation. Since 1989, this group of companies has designed, manufactured, marketed and sold navigation, communication and information devices and applications – most of which are enabled by GPS technology. Garmin’s products serve automotive, mobile, wireless, outdoor recreation, marine, aviation, and OEM applications. Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Garmin, FliteCharts and SafeTaxi are registered trademarks, and PilotPak and GTN are trademarks of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE
- SHG receives its 70th Eurocopter
- Bristow Group Announces 25% Dividend Increase
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- Air Methods Reaches Highest Level in FAA’s Safety Management System Program
- CAE-built Lynx full-mission flight trainer celebrates 25 years of service
- Universal Avionics Expands International Repair Capabilities for the EFI-890R/890H
- Soloy sells 12 Honeywell engine kits for Chinese AC311 helicopter
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- Universal Avionics Announces New Warranty Program
- Barco unveils new US Training/Simulation Demo Center
- UK Apache Hellfire missiles restocked in £15M deal
- Branding Iron hires new PR/Marketing Coordinator
- Register Update – USA – week to 19 May 2013
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- Ka-226T completes test EMS missions for Winter Olympics in Sochi