Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation, and Jeppesen, a leading provider of aeronautical charting and navigation services, are pleased to announce PilotPak™, a new bundle pricing program for databases on select Garmin panel mount avionics. PilotPak provides a more affordable single aircraft pricing structure and simplifies the database purchase process by offering a one-stop shop experience.
“Garmin and Jeppesen are continuing to make it easier and more affordable for pilots to keep their aviation databases up-to-date,” said Gary Kelley, Garmin’s vice president of marketing. “We know that pilots depend on these databases for safety and convenience, and we’re pleased to work together to offer customers a single and comprehensive purchase and support solution.”
PilotPak provides all the databases within the selected package to be used with any combination of GTN™, G600, G500, G500H and G3X installed in one aircraft, all for a single annual price. Each bundle option includes Garmin’s popular SafeTaxi®, Obstacle, Terrain and Airport Directory, and customers are able to choose between bundle options that include Jeppesen NavData, Jeppesen JeppView and/or Garmin FliteCharts®.
With a PilotPak Standard Americas subscription, a pilot can enjoy 20 percent savings on databases for a single GTN or 60 percent savings with the inclusion of a G500 when compared to purchasing annual subscriptions to each database individually. When Garmin’s FliteCharts are included, the savings on databases for a single GTN 750 amount to over 30 percent and when combined with a G500, the customer saves over 70 percent. Whether a pilot has one or more of the qualified avionics, they pay a single, affordable price for the selected package.
The databases have been bundled into several different packages:
The Lite, Standard and Standard with Garmin FliteCharts PilotPak options are available from www.flygarmin.com. The Standard and Standard with Jeppesen JeppView options are available at www.jeppesen.com/gtn.
Garmin International Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation. Since 1989, this group of companies has designed, manufactured, marketed and sold navigation, communication and information devices and applications – most of which are enabled by GPS technology. Garmin’s products serve automotive, mobile, wireless, outdoor recreation, marine, aviation, and OEM applications. Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Garmin, FliteCharts and SafeTaxi are registered trademarks, and PilotPak and GTN are trademarks of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69
- Court rejects helicopter haze injunction
- Rivalry develops in air ambulance service
- Castleberry Instruments & Avionics Relocates for Growth
- Keystone Turbine Services Honeywell-approved for P&WC PT6 Series Accessory Support
- EBACE – Heli Asset places first Eurocopter EC155B1 into Switzerland
- EBACE – Corporate EC175 features dimmable windows and cabin partitions
- EBACE – JSSI reaches 10,000th Asset Milestone
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE