United Rotorcraft Solutions (URS) is pleased to announce on June 24, 2011 they were awarded an FAA Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for the Aspen Avionics Evolution Flight Display System in the Eurocopter AS350B2/B3 model helicopters.
The URS installation design was carried out on the recently delivered Hospital Wing AS350B3. Hospital Wing allowing this installation and the time needed to work with the FAA, to obtain the STC, was a major benefit for United Rotorcraft Solutions.
The Aspen Evolution PFD is a lightweight, compact, all solid-state digital replacement for legacy mechanical flight instruments. The MFDs add features like high resolution moving maps, relative terrain and obstacle awareness, and traffic displays.
“The level of safety and situational awareness that the Aspen system brings to the helicopter market is phenomenal,” says Anson Gray, Aspen’s Helicopter Program Manager. He continues, “Like all helicopters, the AS350 is a hard-working platform that serves many operational roles. The Aspen puts all your flight critical information in one place which reduces pilot workload.”
“Our clients demand the best and highest quality solutions that also stay within their budgets. The Aspen EFIS system is a great solution that will support the varied missions of our clientele –from law enforcement to air medical to utility,” says David Brigham, United Rotorcraft’s President. “These helicopters fly a lot and they fly hard. Our customers need solutions that will stand up to this tough operational environment. Aspen’s solid-state construction is a great solution.”
United Rotorcraft Solutions, FAA Repair Station UX9R241Y, provides aircraft completions and refurbishment services, systems integration, maintenance, component overhaul, customized interior installations and unsurpassed exterior finishing servicing all segments of the helicopter industry – Law Enforcement, Air Medical, Special Mission, Corporate and Utility . They also offer FAA approved NVG compatible lighting systems for many model helicopters.
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- SHG receives its 70th Eurocopter
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- Sky Tech joins Turbomeca Certified Maintenance Center Network
- RSG delivers newly completed AS350B3e to Guatemala
- ANAC approves Dart’s full emergency litter kit for AS350/355
- 08-May-13 PT-HML Eurocopter AS350 Morro da Urca HP, Brazil
- 02-May-13 PP-EIH Eurocopter AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 02-May-13 N209LF Eurocopter EC130 Walnut Hill, US-Florida
- Regular sightseeing tours start in London
- Huntsville Hospital’s AS350 now carrying blood
- 30-Apr-13 C-FINX Eurocopter AS350BA Godbout, Canada
- Helibras selects Safran Engineering Services as system integrator
- 27-Apr-13 LN-OVO Eurocopter AS350B3 Roldal, Norway
- Metro Aviation delivers AS350 to EagleMed
- Nepal’s Fishtail Air adds an AS350B3+
- Brazil’s State of Pará orders two AS350B2
- Coast to Coast Helicopters adds two AS350B3e to Mustang fleet
- New AS350 for Castleview Hospital
- 09-Apr-13 C-GZBA Eurocopter AS350B3e Tenquille Lake, Canada