Reed Business Information (“RBI”), the business information division of Reed Elsevier, announced that it has acquired the entire issued share capital of Ascend Worldwide Group Holdings Limited (“Ascend”). Ascend will be integrated with RBI’s aerospace information and data services business, Flightglobal.
Ascend, headquartered in London with offices in New York, Hong Kong and Tokyo, delivers aircraft and engine data through online subscription services and provides valuations, appraisals and advisory services to a world-wide client base spanning aviation investors and financiers, lessors, manufacturers, operators and suppliers. Ascend plays a key role in informing decisions and identifying opportunities within the aviation industry.
RBI’s Flightglobal provides aerospace information and data services through www.flightglobal.com (the largest professional aviation website in the world), Flight International and Airline Business magazines, civil fleet data from ACAS, and real time news and business intelligence from Air Transport Intelligence.
“Ascend brings to Flightglobal an impressive position in the global air finance market,” says Jane Burgess, RBI managing director. “This exciting acquisition adds important new data assets and expertise to Flightglobal’s existing aviation data business and provides Ascend with access to Flightglobal’s powerful global aviation audience and extensive marketing capabilities.”
“I am very excited about the opportunities that the combination of Ascend and Flightglobal will bring.” says Gehan Talwatte, Ascend CEO. “By combining our insight and expertise with Flightglobal’s growing global audience, distribution capabilities and unrivalled media presence, we can significantly extend the reach of the Ascend brand.”
About Reed Business Information Ltd
Reed Business Information Ltd brings market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information Ltd is part of Reed Elsevier, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.
About Ascend Worldwide Group Holdings Limited
Ascend (www.ascendworldwide.com) is one of the world’s principal providers of data, analytics and advisory services to investors in aerospace. Its global team advises on aviation investment strategies to maximise returns and generate proven investment results. For over four decades, Ascend has supplied the most reliable, trusted and up-to-date aviation industry information and insight available anywhere.
Offerings include: aviation data; aircraft and engine valuations and appraisals; and advisory services. From financiers and lessors to aircraft manufacturers, operators and suppliers, the aviation industry relies on Ascend to help make informed decisions and capture new opportunities.
HeliHub.com editor note. Ascend Aviation is better known as the information and consultancy division of Airclaims. The following is from the Ascend website:-
"Throughout our rich 46 year history, Ascend has progressively advanced its primary areas of expertise and expanded into new market sectors including: aviation finance and insurance; aircraft manufacturing; aircraft leasing, airport investment and space. Our customers are at the heart of our development plans. We make customers for life and strive every day to be deserving of their loyalty. In July 2006, the rapidly expanding information and consultancy division of our former parent company Airclaims was re-branded "Ascend". In August 2007, Ascend began trading as a separate entity - Ascend Worldwide Limited, symbolising the company’s growing international presence. Ascend's global footprint continues to grow. We have offices in Hong Kong and New York and continue to develop our international operations in 2010. Today Ascend delivers an unrivalled range of online information products and first-class consulting solutions across the entire aerospace industry."
- Saudi Aramco signs for another AW139
- FlightSafety announces Courseware Support Director
- Northern Vietnam Helicopter Co partners in new tourism venture
- Bristow announces FY2014 earnings release and concall schedule
- RSG Aviation Provides Maintenance & Fleet Support to New Local Start-Up Company
- RSG Products Utilizes Laser Printed Parts on Air Condition Kits
- Bell obtains FAA STC for 407 polycarbonate windshield
- AgustaWestland signs up distributor for Morocco
- FlightSafety to host the 2014 Flight Simulation Engineering and Maintenance Conference
- Vector Aerospace UK strengthens its approach to safety management
- Universal Avionics appoints Regional Sales Manager for Latin America
- Primus turns into a total service provider
- First Air BP re-fuelling takes place at Cannes Mandelieu Airport
- MacNeil Aviation takes delivery of AS350B3e with Garmin G500H glass cockpit
- First female Dallas Police pilot retires
- EASA certifies EC225 gear shaft redesign
- FlightSafety names new Rotorcraft Business Development Director
- Mexico requests 18 UH-60M Black Hawks
- Bell sells five B505 JRX to Aerochine Aviation
- Selex ES to support Malaysian Super Lynx sensors