Reed Business Information (“RBI”), the business information division of Reed Elsevier, announced that it has acquired the entire issued share capital of Ascend Worldwide Group Holdings Limited (“Ascend”). Ascend will be integrated with RBI’s aerospace information and data services business, Flightglobal.
Ascend, headquartered in London with offices in New York, Hong Kong and Tokyo, delivers aircraft and engine data through online subscription services and provides valuations, appraisals and advisory services to a world-wide client base spanning aviation investors and financiers, lessors, manufacturers, operators and suppliers. Ascend plays a key role in informing decisions and identifying opportunities within the aviation industry.
RBI’s Flightglobal provides aerospace information and data services through www.flightglobal.com (the largest professional aviation website in the world), Flight International and Airline Business magazines, civil fleet data from ACAS, and real time news and business intelligence from Air Transport Intelligence.
“Ascend brings to Flightglobal an impressive position in the global air finance market,” says Jane Burgess, RBI managing director. “This exciting acquisition adds important new data assets and expertise to Flightglobal’s existing aviation data business and provides Ascend with access to Flightglobal’s powerful global aviation audience and extensive marketing capabilities.”
“I am very excited about the opportunities that the combination of Ascend and Flightglobal will bring.” says Gehan Talwatte, Ascend CEO. “By combining our insight and expertise with Flightglobal’s growing global audience, distribution capabilities and unrivalled media presence, we can significantly extend the reach of the Ascend brand.”
About Reed Business Information Ltd
Reed Business Information Ltd brings market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information Ltd is part of Reed Elsevier, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.
About Ascend Worldwide Group Holdings Limited
Ascend (www.ascendworldwide.com) is one of the world’s principal providers of data, analytics and advisory services to investors in aerospace. Its global team advises on aviation investment strategies to maximise returns and generate proven investment results. For over four decades, Ascend has supplied the most reliable, trusted and up-to-date aviation industry information and insight available anywhere.
Offerings include: aviation data; aircraft and engine valuations and appraisals; and advisory services. From financiers and lessors to aircraft manufacturers, operators and suppliers, the aviation industry relies on Ascend to help make informed decisions and capture new opportunities.
HeliHub.com editor note. Ascend Aviation is better known as the information and consultancy division of Airclaims. The following is from the Ascend website:-
"Throughout our rich 46 year history, Ascend has progressively advanced its primary areas of expertise and expanded into new market sectors including: aviation finance and insurance; aircraft manufacturing; aircraft leasing, airport investment and space. Our customers are at the heart of our development plans. We make customers for life and strive every day to be deserving of their loyalty. In July 2006, the rapidly expanding information and consultancy division of our former parent company Airclaims was re-branded "Ascend". In August 2007, Ascend began trading as a separate entity - Ascend Worldwide Limited, symbolising the company’s growing international presence. Ascend's global footprint continues to grow. We have offices in Hong Kong and New York and continue to develop our international operations in 2010. Today Ascend delivers an unrivalled range of online information products and first-class consulting solutions across the entire aerospace industry."
- Peab to Build a Helicopter Base at Bardufoss in Norway
- More police departments considering the use of drones
- Hartford Hospital’s LIFE STAR Launches Mobile App
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 Helps to Save Refugees In The Mediterranean Sea
- RotorWay Under New Ownership
- Bell Breaks Ground on Lafayette JetRanger X Assembly Facility
- REACH Goes Pink to Support Breast Cancer Awareness
- Dhruv helicopters back in action after Sitapur crash
- US helicopter base covered in safety foam
- Bell Helicopter Training Academy Receives CAAC Part 147 Approval
- Legal bid to get information from helicopter black box
- North Sea Pilots suspended landing on wrong platform
- All Metal MS announces new Pegasus landing platform
- Aeronautical Accessories adds Donaldson Inducer Vent Filter to Product Offerings
- Bristow to present at Barclays CEO Energy-Power Conference
- Dinniman Announces $ 2.5 Million for Sikorsky Helicopter
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice to Invest in CHC Group
- Bristow Group names new corporate development and strategy chief
- Airbus Helicopters Canada Delivers AS350 for Private Use in Quebec
- Era Group to Present at Barclays CEO Energy-Power Conference