Reed Business Information (â€œRBIâ€), the business information division of Reed Elsevier, announced that it has acquired the entire issued share capital of Ascend Worldwide Group Holdings Limited (â€œAscendâ€). Ascend will be integrated with RBIâ€™s aerospace information and data services business, Flightglobal.
Ascend, headquartered in London with offices in New York, Hong Kong and Tokyo, delivers aircraft and engine data through online subscription services and provides valuations, appraisals and advisory services to a world-wide client base spanning aviation investors and financiers, lessors, manufacturers, operators and suppliers. Ascend plays a key role in informing decisions and identifying opportunities within the aviation industry.
RBIâ€™s Flightglobal provides aerospace information and data services throughÂ www.flightglobal.com (the largest professional aviation website in the world),Â Flight International andÂ Airline Business magazines, civil fleet data from ACAS, and real time news and business intelligence fromÂ Air Transport Intelligence.
â€œAscend brings to Flightglobal an impressive position in the global air finance market,â€ says Jane Burgess, RBI managing director. â€œThis exciting acquisition adds important new data assets and expertise to Flightglobalâ€™s existing aviation data business and provides Ascend with access to Flightglobalâ€™s powerful global aviation audience and extensive marketing capabilities.â€
â€œI am very excited about the opportunities that the combination of Ascend and Flightglobal will bring.â€ says Gehan Talwatte, Ascend CEO. â€œBy combining our insight and expertise with Flightglobalâ€™s growing global audience, distribution capabilities and unrivalled media presence, we can significantly extend the reach of the Ascend brand.â€
About Reed Business Information Ltd
Reed Business Information Ltd brings market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information Ltd is part of Reed Elsevier, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.
About Ascend Worldwide Group Holdings Limited
Ascend (www.ascendworldwide.com) is one of the worldâ€™s principal providers of data, analytics and advisory services to investors in aerospace. Its global team advises on aviation investment strategies to maximise returns and generate proven investment results. For over four decades, Ascend has supplied the most reliable, trusted and up-to-date aviation industry information and insight available anywhere.
Offerings include: aviation data; aircraft and engine valuations and appraisals; and advisory services. From financiers and lessors to aircraft manufacturers, operators and suppliers, the aviation industry relies on Ascend to help make informed decisions and capture new opportunities.
HeliHub.com editor note.Â Ascend Aviation is better known as the information and consultancy division of Airclaims.Â The following is from the Ascend website:-
“Throughout our rich 46 year history, Ascend has progressively advanced its primary areas of expertise and expanded into new market sectors including: aviation finance and insurance; aircraft manufacturing; aircraft leasing, airport investment and space.Â Our customers are at the heart of our development plans. We make customers for life and strive every day to be deserving of their loyalty.Â In July 2006, the rapidly expanding information and consultancy division of our former parent company Airclaims was re-branded “Ascend”. In August 2007, Ascend began trading as a separate entity – Ascend Worldwide Limited, symbolising the companyâ€™s growing international presence.Â Ascend’s global footprint continues to grow. We have offices in Hong Kong and New York and continue to develop our international operations in 2010.Â Today Ascend delivers an unrivalled range of online information products and first-class consulting solutions across the entire aerospace industry.”
Flightglobal parent acquires Ascend Aviation
- Demand Identified for a Four Seat Cabri, Says Bruno Guimbal
- Vector Aerospace and San Bernardino County Sheriff Sign MRO Agreement
- Turbomeca and Rotortrade launch worldwide warranty program for pre-owned engines
- Turbomeca enriches its engine warranty conditions through the new Turbomeca Care Program
- North Slope Borough Signs for S-92
- Technisonic delivers first dual-transceiver fully-compliant P25 radio
- Vector Aerospace and Helisul Signs M250® MRO Contract
- Ensrom delivers last of 30 480Bs to Japanese Ground Self Defense Force
- Vector Aerospace and Miami Dade Police sign AS350 Component MRO Contract
- Rolls-Royce, Composite helicopters sign RR300 MOU
- Rolls-Royce and Alpine Helicopters extend Fleet Operator Agreement
- Cadorath Distribution Strengthens MoreUPtime Support
- Bristow increases H175 order to seventeen helicopters
- Trinidad and Tobago orders four 429s and one 412EPI
- Microturbo and Bel Air Aviation sign SBH Agreement for AW189 e-APU60
- CHC Global Head of Aviation Financing to Join Waypoint
- Tuncang Investment Co Appointed Distributor for SW-4 in China
- Shizuoka Air Commuter orders Grandnew EMS Toyama Prefecture
- MIT Group to Operate Six AW119Kx EMS Helicopters in China
- AgustaWestland sells four helicopters into European Corporate Market