HÃ©lidax, owned by DCI and INAER, has announced that it has passed the 20,000 flight hour mark with its fleet of Eurocopter EC120 Colibri aircraft—in under 13 months of operations. HÃ©lidax was the first public-private partnership (PPP) to be launched by the French Ministry of Defense.
Since May 2010, HÃ©lidax has trained two graduated students, including pilots from Belgium, meaning some 40 trainees have graduated. A third intake of pilots has just started its ab initio training in the EC120/NHE (New Training Helicopter).
Of HÃ©lidax’s 36 aircraft, 32 are made available each morning for students of the French Army Air Corps’ training school (EAALAT) in Dax. The utilization rate of HÃ©lidax’s aircraft approaches 100 percent.
“We are pleased to confirm that the availability of HÃ©lidax’s EC120s/NHEs is excellent,” states Jean-Louis Rotrubin, Chairman of DCI and HÃ©lidax. “The 20,000 hours of flying time we have gained in just over a year have made it possible to train two students’ intakes in these next-generation aircraft. However, we do not expect to leave it at that, because HÃ©lidax’s potential goes beyond the needs of the military.”
“In addition to the contract signed in January 2008 covering HÃ©lidax’s purchase of 36 EC120s, the last of which was delivered in October 2010, Eurocopter and HÃ©lidax have built up a true partnership. This rests in particular on the operational support provided by Eurocopter that guarantees the helicopters’ operability and availability,” adds Dominique Maudet, Eurocopter executive vice president Global Business & Services. “Another important factor in the partnership is the invaluable feedback HÃ©lidax is able to give concerning its experience of maintaining the EC120s and their behavior in operation.”
For an aircraft in the light helicopter category, the EC120 can cover quite a wide range of missions: flight training, navigation, night flights with night vision goggles, autorotation, instrument flying and initiation to mountain flights. Its compact size, low operating costs, excellent flight quality and ease of flying have made it a particularly popular choice for training missions. Eurocopter has delivered to date almost 700 EC120s to many of the world’s air forces.
About DCI (Website: http://www.groupedci.com)
The company was created in 1972 to assist in military equipment sales to foreign countries. Its main mission consisted of providing operational training courses based on the know-how of the French Armed Forces. DCI, a service provider in which the French government is the main shareholder, now operates throughout the defence and security spectrum. Culturally close to the Ministry of Defense, DCI offers outsourcing services to foreign countries for:
- consulting and assistance throughout the life cycle of armament programs,
- training engineering, in the academic, operational and technical fields.
DCI and its subsidiaries have been partners of the French Armed Forces for 10 years within the scope of service contracts and are endeavouring to extend their activities to European Union countries.
- Eurocopter UK reinforces its British private/VIP market leadership
- Cities formally dissolve ABLE helicopter program
- Baltimore Police reverse decision to mothball one of four EC120s
- New Cabin Comfort Window Option for EC120, EC130
- American Eurocopter is leader in law enforcement sales
- Eurocopter Canada adds new STC items for AS350, EC130 and EC120
- 03-Mar-13 OM-ECI Eurocopter EC120 Horný Čepeň, Slovak Republic (1F)
- Winnipeg Police responded to 3,445 incidents in 2012
- SaxonAir appoints new CEO
- Kitchener Aero STC’s Garmin G500H in EC120
- 05-Jan-13 Eurocopter EC120 Baltimore, US-Maryland
- Malaysian authorities had concerns with pilot’s documents before fatal crash
- UK – Oryx Jet adds helicopter capability
- 40,000 flight hour mark reached by Helidax
- 15-Sep-12 JA120H Eurocopter EC120 Kujukuri, Japan
- 09-Sep-12 D-HALX Eurocopter EC120 Metzingen, Germany (1F)
- Baltimore Police start operating new EC120 fleet
- Helibras delivers new EC120 and AS350B3e at LABACE 2012
- 20-Jul-12 N8899 Eurocopter EC120 Sri Aman, Malaysia (3F)
- York Regional Police extends EC120 pilot/maintenance contract