AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that Capitale Helicoptere of Canada has signed a contract for three AW169 helicopters. These aircraft will be used to perform charter, VIP transport, utility and medevac operations.
This contract marks the first Canadian order for the AW169 helicopter. A significant number of firm orders have already been logged worldwide for a range of applications. The AW169 helicopter program, which was unveiled at the Farnborough International Air Show in July 2010, is progressing as planned with the first flight scheduled in 2012 and certification with a range of mission equipment in 2015. Deliveries are expected to follow immediately after certification is obtained.
Lou Bartolotta, Executive Vice President Sales for North America, AgustaWestland said “We are pleased to sign this contract with Capitale Helicoptere for the new AW169. This achievement demonstrates the enthusiastic response of the North American market to the first new generation helicopter introduced into this weight class in decades. Capitale Helicoptere, and other AW169 customers, will benefit from unprecedented levels of versatility, the latest navigation and mission technology and low operating costs.”
A versatile, new generation twin engine light intermediate category helicopter, the AW169 has been designed in response to the growing market demand for an aircraft that delivers high performance, meets all the latest safety standards and has multi-role capabilities. The 4.5 ton AW169 incorporates several new technology features to provide the highest levels of safety and operational benefits for its customers. New generation technologies are incorporated in the rotor system, engines, avionics, transmission and electric power generation and distribution systems. The AW169 is set to be the most advanced and cost-effective helicopter in its class for EMS/SAR, law enforcement, passenger and offshore transport and utility missions.
Headquartered at the Quebec Airport, just outside Quebec City, Capitale Helicoptere provides a range of helicopter services including VIP charter, aerial utility services, tours and excursions, maintenance and training, medical evacuation. Capitale Helicoptere currently works under contract with the Canadian Government, Quebec Provincial Government, Hydro-Quebec and numerous engineering firms throughout Eastern Canada. In July 2011, Capitale Helicoptere breaks ground at Quebec City Airport for a new 58,000 sq ft facility that will include VIP hangar space for private owners, maintenance facilities and a showroom to display helicopters. The Complexe Capitale Helicoptere will be one of the largest of its kind in North America and is planned to open in early 2012.
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- 27-Oct-18 G-VSKP Leonardo AW169 Leicester, UK (5F)
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- London Oxford Airport welcomes newest tenant
- EASA approves United Rotorcraft EMS interior STC for AW139 and AW169
- Waypoint Enters Taiwanese Market
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- LCI Delivers 3rd EMS AW169 to Elitaliana
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- Swiss operator orders AW169
- Leonardo celebrates helicopter orders at Heli-Expo
- Penzance HP team point out flaws in Steamship AW169 plans
- New Isles of Scilly helicopter link to use AW169
- First EMS AW169 launched in the Nordics
- Asahi Broadcasting Corporation chooses AW169
- CHC Completes First Flight for Ørsted’s Hornsea Project One
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to go 24×7
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract