True Blue Power®, a division of Mid-Continent Instruments and manufacturer of advanced Friendly Lithium power management solutions, announced today a contract with Eurocopter Deutschland, a subsidiary of European Aeronautics Defense and Space Company (EADS), to provide the True Blue Power MD835 Emergency Power Supply (EPS) for the EC135 and EC145 T2 next generation civilian helicopters.
The MD835 is the industry’s first EPS to feature A123 Systems’ innovative Nanophosphate® lithium-ion chemistry. The cutting-edge battery technology offers stable chemistry, faster charging, consistent output, excellent cycle life and superior cost performance. This translates into smaller, lighter products that are less than half the size and weight of existing solutions.
“It is a great honor to have Eurocopter as our first European OEM customer for the MD835 Emergency Power Supply,” stated Tom Genovese, director of sales for Mid-Continent Instruments. “The MD835 was selected because of its high performance, low maintenance requirements, lower cost of ownership and a 63 percent weight savings over traditional lead-acid batteries. It clearly meets Eurocopter’s exceptional standards for performance and reliability.”
Eurocopter has a strong international presence with customers in over 147 countries, specializing in the manufacturing of civil and military helicopters designed to fly faster, farther and more safely, while reducing fuel consumption, noise levels and particle emissions.
International growth is a strategic focus for Mid-Continent Instruments. The company anticipates an increase in European customer sales due to the success of the Eurocopter agreement. Mid-Continent Instruments is working toward EASA approval for aftermarket MD835 installations in a wide range of rotorcraft and fixed-wing applications.
For more information about the MD835 Emergency Power Supply, True Blue Power or custom power management solutions, contact Tom Genovese, director of sales, at 316-630-0101 or visit www.truebluepowerusa.com
- East Anglian Air Ambulance founder awarded MBE in Queen’s Birthday honours list
- UK – East Anglian Air Ambulance to feature in BBC documentary
- Germany’s DRF Luftrettung celebrates 40 years
- Northwest MedStar adds Eurocopter EC135P2+ and new base
- Barbecue blunder forced UK hospital helipad to shut
- Germany – Heli Aviation buys EC135 simulator
- Japan Police orders two EC135s and one each EC155 and AS365N3+
- East Anglian Air Ambulance begins first UK night EMS missions
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- 16-May-13 D-HLDM Eurocopter EC135P2 Ochsenfurt, Germany
- Seventeen EC135s for Turkish EMS contract
- Rescued pilot funds Midlands Air Ambulance education centre
- 07-May-13 N911ET Eurocopter EC135P2+ Tyler, US-Texas
- 06-May-13 N911SV Eurocopter EC135 Reed Point, US-Montana
- EAAA Passes CQC Inspection with Flying Colours
- UK – First test flight for EMS helipad on Isle of Wight
- West Midlands Police helicopter catches more than 500 suspects in a year
- 27-Apr-13 HB-ZJE Eurocopter EC135P1 Grenchen, Switzerland