Aero Dynamix Inc. is very proud to announce the delivery of the eighth Night Vision Goggle (NVG) modified AS350 to Los Angeles County Sheriffâ€™s Department.
“We are very pleased to be working with the Los Angeles County Sheriffâ€™s Department on this project” stated General Manager Dennis Trout. “We are performing the night vision cockpit modification on all twelve of the new AS350 helicopters they are receiving and it is a tremendously exciting project for the team at Aero Dynamix” Dennis continued.
The Los Angeles County Sheriffâ€™s Department is one of the premier airborne law enforcement operations in the world. They cover all of Los Angeles County and operate with night vision goggles in everything from remote undeveloped mountain terrain to a very densely populated urban environment to an overwater scenario.
“It is very important that your aircraftâ€™s NVG modifications are done right when operating anywhere on earth but when you are operating in such demanding environments it is particularly so” said Tonka Hufford, Operations Manager for Aero Dynamix. “When you are flying in really dark areas any issue with the quality of the NVG modification becomes very apparent and we simply cannot allow that.” Tonka continued “We are also very concerned about daylight readability of all of our conversions, these aircraft not only patrol and operate at night but they continue to work the next day. It does the customer no good to have a great looking aircraft at night but when the day crew shows up they canâ€™t see their radio displays, moving maps and other avionics that are critical to their job because green filters have been plastered all over their aircraft”.
David Oglesbee, Business Development Manager for Aero Dynamix and a retired law enforcement chief pilot understands the environment that these aircraft are being operated in. David commented “The law enforcement cockpit can be a very busy place any time and under the best of conditions. It is certainly not a place for unnecessary distractions. That is the true beauty of the cockpit modified by Aero Dynamix. It is there, it does its job so the cockpit lighting, the effects on the goggles, the daytime readability are not things you think about. You can simply fly your mission. Trust this; you have plenty of other things to be thinking about.”
Aero Dynamix looks forward to continuing its work with Los Angeles County Sheriff. “Such a great group of people and a critical mission” Dennis Trout said “I am very proud to be working with such a group”.
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- Simrik Air adds new H125 ‘9N-AKD’ chopper to its fleet
- 29-Sep-18 N849NA Airbus AS350B2 Alto, US-New Mexico
- 28-Sep-18 N907PL Airbus AS350B3 Lituya Bay, US-Alaska (3F)
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- EASA Certified AS350 Retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- BLR Aerospace Announces First H125 FastFin System Factory Installation
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Lawsuit filed over 2016 AS350 accident in Antarctica
- 01-Jan-18 ZS-??? Airbus AS350B3 Cathedral Peak, South Africa
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- FB Heliservices begin DHFS AS350 fleet disposal
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters