Helicopter Foundation International has made it all the way to the finals of the Pilot’s Choice Awards! To win, HFI will need as many people to vote as possible. The Foundation will be featured in videos posted on AOPA Live, the Lightspeed Aviation Foundation Web site; and on the Lightspeed Aviation Foundation Facebook page.
As the demand for highly skilled helicopter pilots and maintenance technicians grows, HFI has set the goal of easing the burden of education costs by offering scholarships to students who study to become rotorcraft professionals.
The five organizations that receive the most votes will each receive $10,000 from the Lightspeed Aviation Foundation. Funds from Lightspeed will be used to provide additional scholarship opportunities to those wanting to take that crucial step to a rewarding career in the helicopter industry. The competition is very winnable, as there are only 20 organizations in the running. Therefore, your vote is extremely important!
To read a press release from the Lightspeed Aviation Foundation, click here.
- Astronics extends supply agreement with Rockwell Collins
- AAR Signs Partnering Agreement with Boeing to Support Royal Netherlands Air Force
- Ka-52 makes successful demonstration flight at Le Bourget
- Turbomeca extends certification of COHC as a Certified Maintenance Center
- Metro Aviation hosts first Turbomeca training class
- Arizona and Helicopter Industry to be Represented by John Stonecipher of Guidance Aviation
- Carson Helicopters cited for for exposing workers to chemical hazards
- Värmland’s EMS helicopter goes to Karlstad
- American Eurocopter awards scholarships for air safety training
- L-3 Wescam launches two new products at Paris
- Ducommun receives Flow-on Black Hawk contract
- North American and European customers signed for Turbomeca’s online BOOST service
- UK Government Minister Provides Reassurances on Air Ambulance Fuel VAT
- STARS receives major gift from Young’s Equipment
- Bell’s Czech Republic facility expands scope of EASA DOA certification
- Erickson Air-Crane extends S64 contract in Afghanistan
- Bristow to equip 44 helicopters with Rockwell Collins TCAS II
- Vector Aerospace get Sikorsky approval for UK S76 service centre
- Dart Aerospace now offering R66 Field Maintenance Kit
- Elitaliana Signs For Three More AW169 Helicopters