Helicopter Foundation International has made it all the way to the finals of the Pilot’s Choice Awards! To win, HFI will need as many people to vote as possible. The Foundation will be featured in videos posted on AOPA Live, the Lightspeed Aviation Foundation Web site; and on the Lightspeed Aviation Foundation Facebook page.
As the demand for highly skilled helicopter pilots and maintenance technicians grows, HFI has set the goal of easing the burden of education costs by offering scholarships to students who study to become rotorcraft professionals.
The five organizations that receive the most votes will each receive $10,000 from the Lightspeed Aviation Foundation. Funds from Lightspeed will be used to provide additional scholarship opportunities to those wanting to take that crucial step to a rewarding career in the helicopter industry. The competition is very winnable, as there are only 20 organizations in the running. Therefore, your vote is extremely important!
To read a press release from the Lightspeed Aviation Foundation, click here.
- UK – Starspeed signs for a second AW169
- FLASH SONICS sonar enters service with French Navy NH90
- Women in Corporate Aviation Scholarships announced for 2013
- Eurocopter and SDV – a joint commitment to reducing CO2 emissions
- Bell announces foreign approval of seven Aeronautical Accessories products
- An inside look at Milestone and the first ever helicopter export credit bond
- NHI celebrates first deployment of an Italian NH90
- Nominate Now for HAI’s Salute to Excellence Awards
- Erickson Air-Crane extends contract with Fluor
- Life Link III signs for six AW119Kx plus six options
- Era signs for 10 more AW189s plus options
- FAA issues Advisory Circular on Reporting Wildlife Aircraft Strikes
- New E-HOTS support partnership consortium
- VNH South recognised for flight hour milestone as more EC225s arrive
- Heli-One secures multi-million-dollar PBH contract with NHV
- Eurocopter and Ramco partner for cloud-based helicopter maintenance software
- Helipartner Thailand orders 10 Eurocopter AS350B3e to lease out
- Eurocopter EC175 certification slips by six months to “early 2014″
- UK – MBE for AW101 Merlin pilot
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350