Enstrom Helicopter Corporation has delivered the first three, of a total of 16, 480B turbine training/utility helicopters to the Royal Thai Army. The delivery took place at the Royal Thai Army air base in Lop Buri, Thailand, and was followed by an official acceptance ceremony, blessing, and aerial parade for the Royal Thai Army’s top generals.
Enstrom’s President and CEO, Jerry Mullins, traveled to Thailand for the first delivery. “We have been working to make this program a success for a number of years, and to finally see 480B’s flying in Thailand, in Royal Thai Army colors, with Royal Thai Army pilots is truly rewarding. The response we’ve received from the Royal Thai Army has been overwhelmingly positive. We certainly look forward to a long relationship with them.”
The 480B was selected in a competitive bidding process that included aircraft from 7 different major manufacturers for a program that includes 16 aircraft, spares, tooling, and training. Currently deliveries are on schedule, with the next group of 3 aircraft currently en route to Thailand.
Enstrom is represented in Asia by Blake & DeJong Ltd., and in Thailand by M-Landarch Inc.
Founded in 1959, Enstrom Helicopter Corporation manufactures a complete line of helicopters. The three-seat, piston-powered F28F and 280FX are popular training, sport, and light commercial aircraft. The larger turbine-powered 480B is available as a three-place advanced trainer and patrol aircraft, or as a three to five place executive transport. For law enforcement applications Enstrom produces a specialized variant of the 480B, known as the Guardian, and the F28F, called the Sentinel.
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Enstrom provides update on their new owners
- Argentina certifies Enstrom 480B
- Enstrom selects Garmin G1000H for 480B
- Rolls-Royce delivers 31,000th M250 engine to Enstrom
- New owners at Enstrom Helicopter Corp
- 30-Nov-12 Enstrom 480B Pondok Cabe, Indonesia
- Japan accepts 10th of 30 Enstrom 480s
- Enstrom refreshes website
- Enstrom delivers last of 16 480Bs to Royal Thai Army
- Gardner Aviation Services completes 3 Enstrom 480B Garmin G-500H upgrades
- Enstrom 480B spray system certified in China
- Sandel avionics chosen for Enstrom 480 fleet in Japan
- Japan signs for another 28 Enstrom TH-480s
- 16th birthday first solo on turbine and piston helicopters
- Enstrom delivers four more 480s to Royal Thai Army
- Enstrom appoints new dealer in China
- Enstrom delivers first 280FX in four years
- Enstrom expects Japanese signature by January
- Enstrom 480B certified in China