In recent months we have charted the lack of progress of helicopter operations by the Longmint Group, particularly focusing on Sterling Helicopters. In one article, we noted that a private company Toby Blackwell Ltd had commenced legal proceedings against Sterling Helicopters, noting that they had bought three JetRangers from Sterling and then opened a leaseback arrangement whereby Sterling continued to operate them.
While we are not privy to the progress of the legal case, an industry source has advised HeliHub.com that the company's three aircraft, registered G-BNYD, G-BXDS and G-OAMG have been moved from Sterling's base at Norwich to the maintenance facility of Rotorspan in Droitwich. All three are for sale, and we understand that one is being prepared for a potential customer in Sweden.
Toby Blackwell Ltd is owned by 82-year old Julian Blackwell, known as Toby. Mr Blackwell is the controlling shareholder of the famous Oxford-based Blackwells bookstore chain founded by his grandfather in 1879, and with over 60 shops around the UK. Blackwell stores are mainly located close to universities and have an emphasis on academic titles.
Jeremy Parkin - HeliHub.com
- 17-Jun-13 5Y-KWW Bell 206L4 LongRanger Karatina, Kenya
- 08-Jun-13 VH-RHF Bell 206L3 Derby, Australia
- Fatal Air Evac Lifeteam accident in Kentucky
- 07-Jun-13 N207JA Bell 206B San Luis Potosi, Mexico (4F)
- 07-Jun-13 ZK-HTA Bell 206B Nelson, New Zealand
- 06-Jun-13 N114AE Bell 206L Manchester, US-Kentucky (3F)
- Suit filed over copter crash during reality shoot
- 29-May-13 C-FZWB Bell 206B Fort McMurray, Canada (2F)
- L-3 Communications awarded $53M TH-57 support contract
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- 14-May-13 B-7479 Bell 206B Dezhou City, China
- 10-May-13 N94PH Bell 206B Heflin, US-Kentucky
- 07-May-13 N20Z Bell 206L La Junta, US-Colorado
- Air Evac celebrates year of service in Licking County
- 27-Apr-13 N150SP Bell 206B Shepherd, US-Montana (1F)
- 23-Apr-13 N2072M Bell 206L1 Grand Canyon, US-Arizona
- 20-Apr-13 N4237M Bell 206B Wells, US-Nevada
- More STC Approvals for Latitude’s SkyNode Satcom and IONode FDM Systems
- 23-Mar-13 ZS-HSR Bell 206B Petermaritzburg, South Africa
- 23-Mar-13 Bell TH-57A Salinas, Ecuador