The Bolivian Air Force has taken delivery of two Robinson R44 helicopters, and are expecting a further four by the end of 2011. Carrying serials FAB-760 and FAB-761, the pair are based at ChimorÃ© and operated by the newly-formed Air Group 22. They will offer a significantly cheaper training cost to the South American country, which previously carried out ab initio training on turbine helicopters, and frequently relied on out-of-country options.
An inauguration ceremony for Air Training Group 22 was attended by the State President, Evo Morales, the Minister of Defense and the Military High Command.Â THe first intake for the new flying school will see eight Bolivian officers and two Venezuelans learning to fly, showing from the start that Bolivia intends foreign nationals to have access as well.
The commander of the Bolivian Air Force, General Tito Gandarillas explained that the acquisition time to determine the aircraft was desirable to establish a pilot school will be the basis for officers and cadets of the Military Aviation School receive instruction in helicopters and forming part of the new plans that have FAB to modernize.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- 30-Sep-18 N440SH Robinson R44 Westminster, US-Maryland
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Universities Order More R44 Cadets
- Prabhu Helicopter adding two new Robinson R66 to its fleet
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- DynaVibe Track and Balance System gains Robinson acceptance
- Robinson Production Picked up Steam in 2017
- UND installs R44 Tanis Engine Preheat Kit
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- RAMM receives FAA approval for R44 Cabin Floor Trays
- Robinson receives R66 big sales boost
- Meeker-Airfilm receives certification for R44 and R66 nose mount
- 11-Nov-17 N744BS Robinson R44 Page, US-Arizona
- 06-Nov-17 N7085M Robinson R44 Inwood, US-Iowa
- 18-Aug-17 VH-LGN Robinson R44 Channel Point, Australia
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- Mexico approves Apollo spray systems for R22 and R44
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- Japan approves R44 cargo hook from Onboard Systems
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales