The delivery of the latest EC225 to the China Ministry of Transportâ€™s Rescue and Salvage Bureau completes the fulfilment of the contract signed in 2009 for the supply of two EC225 for offshore search and rescue missions, with the earlier unit being delivered end of June this year.
The Ministry of Transport (MOT) signed on another two new Eurocopter EC225 helicopters in 2009, after having very positive experience with the first two EC225 that were delivered in 2007 and used extensively in many search and rescue (SAR) missions, including the 2008 Sichuan earthquake.
The two new helicopters are to be operated by the Rescue and Salvage Bureau (CRS) for offshore SAR missions, the first of which was delivered in end June, and the second aircraft being handed over today in a delivery ceremony in Zhuhai. The ceremony was attended by Mr. Zhang Jinshan, Deputy Director of Rescue & Salvage Bureau, China Ministry of Transport, Mr. Huo Rongmeng, Deputy Mayor of Zhuhai, Mr. Yue Jianjun, Vice President of AVIC International, as well as Mr. Bruno Boulnois, CEO of Eurocopter China.
The delivery marks a befitting start to the renewed co-operation between Eurocopter and MOT/CRS to develop SAR activities in the country. Equipped with search lights, weather radar, hoist and the most advanced avionics system, the two new SAR-configured EC225 will boost the CRS fleet operating along the Chinese coastline.
Underlining Eurocopter Chinaâ€™s commitment to helping China develop its SAR capability, Bruno Boulnois pointed out that â€œDelivering the helicopters is just the first step; we will also be working closely with MOT/CRS in developing SAR technologies by sharing our technical know-how, as well as training flight personnel and operators, to build up a robust SAR network for the country.â€
To date, a total of 10 EC225 are flying in China, used for different missions including police and fire-fighting operations, offshore SAR and disaster relief, as well as passenger transport particularly in the oil and gas sector. Together with 17 other AS332 L1 and L2 models, Eurocopter has a total of 27 helicopters from the Super Puma family operating in the country â€“ effectively supplying the largest fleet in this 10/11-ton twin-engine category.
Established in 1992, the Franco-German-Spanish Eurocopter Group is a division of EADS, a world leader in aerospace, defense and related services. The Eurocopter Group employs approximately 17,500 people. In 2010, Eurocopter confirmed its position as the worldâ€™s number one helicopter manufacturer in the civil and parapublic market with a turnover of 4.8 billion Euros, orders for 346 new helicopters and a 49 percent market share in the civil and parapublic sectors. Overall, the Groupâ€™s helicopters account for 33 percent of the total worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. Eurocopterâ€™s strong worldwide presence is ensured by its 30 subsidiaries and participations on five continents, along with a dense network of distributors, certified agents and maintenance centers. There are currently 11,200 Eurocopter helicopters in service and some 2,900 customers in 147 countries. Eurocopter offers the largest civil and military helicopter range in the world.
About Eurocopter China
Created in December 2006, Eurocopter China is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Eurocopter Group, responsible for sales and customer support activities for the companyâ€™s entire range of products. In China, Eurocopter China covers a market share of 40%. With over 40 years of presence and 30 years of experience in industrial cooperation in China, more than 160 Eurocopter helicopters have been sold in the country. In order to provide quality service in proximity to Chinese operators, Eurocopter China has established a multi-based organization in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Chengdu, Harbin, Wuhan and Hong Kong staffed with around 50 employees.
Eurocopter delivers fourth EC225 to China for offshore SAR
- Vector Aerospace receives Airbus Helicopters Service Centre Approval
- 01-Apr-15 G-CGUB Airbus EC225 North Sea, UK
- Airbus Helicopters Malaysia and Boustead sign JV agreement for regional helicopter simulation center
- Vector Aerospace demonstrates speed and excellence in Super Puma refinish
- 06-Mar-15 JA6741 Airbus AS332L1 Kihokucho, Japan (2F)
- Aero Asahi Super Puma Gets Swift On-Site Retrofit From Heli-One
- Japan Coast Guard receives EC225 for SAR and law enforcement missions
- Airbus Helicopters opens design office in Poland
- 27-Jan-15 PR-BGA Airbus EC225 Campos dos Goytacazes , Brazil
- 27-Dec-14 G-REDV Eurocopter EC225 North Sea, UK
- 17-Dec-14 PR-BGR Eurocopter EC225 Macae, Brazil
- Airbus delivers second AS332C1e to Bolivian Air Force
- Helibras certifies EC725 configuration with a hydraulic winch
- 28-Nov-14 H-3215 Eurocopter AS332L1 Kiwirok, Indonesia
- Helibras delivers fifth EC725 to Brazilian Armed Forces
- Airbus Helicopters hands over Indonesia’s first CSAR EC725
- 28-Oct-14 Airbus EC225 North Sea, UK
- 09-Oct-14 JA6741 Eurocopter AS332L1 Tsumagoi, Japan
- Helibrás receives the first offset credits for the EC725
- Airbus Helicopters showcases the EC225 to Myanmar Oil & Gas industry