WinAir yet again proves to be a critical tool in aviation maintenance and inventory management with its recent role in the LASD’s replacement of their patrol and surveillance fleet of AS350s - AV-BASEsystems.com.
The LA County Sheriff’s Department (LASD), headquartered in Monterey Park, California, is the USA’s largest Sheriff’s department and the seventh largest law enforcement agency in the nation overall. In 1978, the LASD initiated a helicopter replacement program designed to replace and upgrade their helicopter fleet at prescribed intervals based on their optimal life span. This threshold for replacement is generally accepted to be seven years and with their existing fleet having served them since 2003, by 2010 it was time to start looking for replacements.
LASD is a long-standing customer of AV-BASE Systems Inc., having used the WinAir product suite for numerous years to meet all of their aviation maintenance and inventory tracking requirements. While selling their existing fleet and buying a new fleet are two separate processes, WinAir has played a critical role in the success of both. The true value of WinAir was especially apparent when a prospective buyer for their existing fleet requested access to all of their maintenance records.
Lawrence Belden, Helicopter Maintenance Inspector at the LASD Aero Bureau, notes: Notes: “A large operator is interested in buying multiple aircraft. They were VERY thorough in researching every part of the aircraft records. I’ve got to tell you how well WinAir has performed for us. I couldn’t have done it without WinAir. All of the work over the past six years has really paid off. There weren’t any questions they had that WinAir didn’t answer to their satisfaction. This is why we got the system!!! Good job everybody. You made me and L.A. County Sheriff’s Department look very good!”
At the same time as trying to sell their existing fleet, LASD has also had to focus on incorporating their new aircraft into their records. WinAir has yet again been able to significantly aid them in this respect by importing inventory and master parts and providing aircraft templates, among other things.
AV-BASE Systems Inc. (avbasesystems.com) is headquartered in London, Ontario, Canada. AV-BASE develops and supports a series of aviation inventory and maintenance software products known as the WinAir Series. WinAir is widely recognized as the most structurally integrated and affordable system for handling aviation maintenance and inventory control.
- Carson Helicopters cited for for exposing workers to chemical hazards
- Värmland’s EMS helicopter goes to Karlstad
- American Eurocopter awards scholarships for air safety training
- L-3 Wescam launches two new products at Paris
- Ducommun receives Flow-on Black Hawk contract
- North American and European customers signed for Turbomeca’s online BOOST service
- UK Government Minister Provides Reassurances on Air Ambulance Fuel VAT
- STARS receives major gift from Young’s Equipment
- Bell’s Czech Republic facility expands scope of EASA DOA certification
- Erickson Air-Crane extends S64 contract in Afghanistan
- Bristow to equip 44 helicopters with Rockwell Collins TCAS II
- Vector Aerospace get Sikorsky approval for UK S76 service centre
- Dart Aerospace now offering R66 Field Maintenance Kit
- Elitaliana Signs For Three More AW169 Helicopters
- AgustaWestland Training Academy Malaysia Introduces AW139 Full Flight Simulator
- Mauritanian Air Force Orders Two AW109 Powers
- AgustaWestland Secures its First AW139 Order in Senegal
- Curtiss-Wright Controls awarded Surion contract
- Curtiss-Wright Controls’ Data Acquisition & “Black Box” Technology to be used on unnamed new helicopter
- Global Military Helicopter Modernisation, Upgrade and Retrofit Market 2013-2023