ARINC Engineering Services, LLC, today announced it has completed the modification of 22 Russian Mi-17 Helicopters for use by the Air Force of Iraq, under a 2007 U.S. Army contract.
The final two aircraft were handed over to Iraqi representatives in Taji, Iraq on June 15, six weeks ahead of schedule. Last year, ARINC Engineering Services completed a similar upgrade of 10 Mi-17 Helicopters for the Air Force of Afghanistan. Most of the modification work on both programs was performed in UAE.
“The acquisition, modification and delivery of these Russian helicopters to Iraq and Afghanistan was a groundbreaking program for ARINC Engineering Services, for our Russian teammate, AAL Group LTD, for the United States Government, and for the Russian Federation,” stated David Turansky, ARINC Program Director. “The success of the programs is a testament to the teamwork of the government organizations and companies involved.”
The Iraq program was originally scheduled to complete final aircraft deliveries by July 25, 2011; however ARINC was able to deliver the aircraft ahead of schedule. “With the help of our subcontractor, AAL Group LTD, we were able to move the delivery up to June 15, 2011,” Turansky stated.
The U.S. Army contracts were managed by the ARINC Engineering Services Program Office in Warner Robins, GA.
ARINC Engineering Services also provides maintenance and logistics support services at Camp Taji, Iraq to support the Iraqi Air Force’s Mi-17 helicopters and other aircraft under a separate U.S. Army contract. ARINC also provides aircraft maintenance training for the Iraq Air Force.
ARINC Incorporated, a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group, provides communications, engineering and integration solutions for commercial, defense and government customers worldwide. Headquartered in Annapolis, Maryland with regional headquarters in London and Singapore, ARINC is ISO 9001:2008 certified. For more information, visit the web site atwww.arinc.com.
- LOM Praha awarded with $1.3M contract for Mi-17 pilot training
- Russian Helicopters launches South Africa service centre with Denel Aviation
- Afghan helicopters support independent operations
- 25-Feb-13 EJC-3378 Mil Mi-17 San Juan de Sumapaz, Colombia
- Nepalese Government approve two Mi-17s for Army
- 18-Jan-13 Mil Mi-17 Timberwara, India
- Pawan Hans ops launched in Himachal Pradesh
- Cornische Aviation files protest over US procurement of Mi-17 overhauls
- 17-Oct-12 Mil Mi-17 Maarat AL Numan, Syria
- Denel Aviation and Russian Helicopters sign maintenance agreement
- 15-Sep-12 Mil MI-17 Banke, Nepal
- Russian Helicopters to showcase in-demand models at ILA 2012
- UTair Engineering renews Peruvian MRO certificates
- UTair Engineering renews Russian MRO certificates
- 27-Aug-12 Mil Mi-17 Damascus, Syria (1F)
- Sikorsky in engine talks with Motor Sich
- US House of Representatives votes 407-5 to stop Mi-17 purchases
- 11-Jul-12 Mil Mi-17 Skardu, Pakistan (6F)
- 13-Jun-12 EJC-3381 Mil Mi-17 Carepa, Colombia (1F)
- 04-Jun-12 Mil Mi-17 Chiyanki, India