Aspen Avionics, manufacturer of the innovative Evolution Flight Display System, and Western Avionics, the largest dedicated avionics service company in Canada, have announced the Transport Canada approval for installation of Aspen’s H-series Primary Flight Displays (PFDs) and Multi-function Flight Displays (MFDs) into the Robinson R44 and R44 II model helicopters.
Aspen’s H-series PFD and MFD systems are designed and manufactured to meet the rigors of helicopter operations. The PFD is a lightweight, compact, all solid-state digital replacement for legacy mechanical flight instruments. The MFD adds features like high resolution moving maps, relative terrain and obstacle awareness, and traffic displays.
“The safety-enhancing benefits of glass panel technology have yet to be fully realized in the helicopter market,” says Anson Gray, Aspen’s Helicopter Program Manager. He continues, “The Robinson platform will easily showcase Aspen’s reliable and versatile avionics solution.”
“This STC effort will bring a whole new level of safety and system reliability to the Robinson fleet,” Mark O’Hearn, Western’s Manager of Business Development and Sales. “The Robinson fills many roles and its missions will be that much easier and safer with Aspen’s solid-state digital flight display system. The compact package also fits neatly into the limited panel space.”
Western Avionics has also submitted for FAA and EASA validation of the STC to make it available to US and European operators. Approval for the R22 model is also underway.
About Western Avionics
Western Avionics, a division of the AvMax Group of Companies, is Canada’s largest avionics and instruments support facility. Clearly one of the most modern and well-equipped facilities, Western offers a full complement of diversified avionics services, including the purchase and sale of new and used avionics, equipment, parts; equipment overhaul; retrofit and new aircraft installations; MRP (Mobile Repair Personnel) services, Engineering and specialized manufacturing.
About the Evolution Flight Display System
The Aspen Evolution Flight Display System is an affordable, expandable and upgradeable PFD, MFD and hazard sensor cockpit solution for general aviation aircraft and rotorcraft platforms. Highly compatible with existing aircraft avionics, the flexible Evolution Flight Display System lets aircraft owners install all Evolution Flight Displays and options at once, or separately, as their needs and budgets permit.
About Aspen Avionics, Inc.
Aspen Avionics specializes in bringing the most advanced technology and capability into general aviation cockpits—and budgets. Our products increase situational awareness and reduce pilot workload, making it easier and safer to fly in both VFR and IFR conditions. The way we look at it, getting the latest avionics technology shouldn’t always mean spending a lot of money—on equipment or installation. At Aspen Avionics, we design products to be affordable, easy to install, and easy to own.
- PAvCon Police Aviation Conference starts in Austria on Tuesday
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- HeliRussia – Russian Helicopters signs agreement with PANH Helicopters
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Helipad in Woodruff to be Discussed Again
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M for long-lead V-22 components
- Night Flight Concepts Launches Industry Specific NVIS Solution Programs
- Kaweah Delta hosts helipad completion celebration
- Register Update – USA – week to 12 May 2013
- Breeze-Eastern to Design and Produce New Winch for MV-22
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- TAI shows R300 unmanned helicopter
- FLIR Systems awarded $81M US Army contract
- Royal Canadian Air Force begins TigerEx 2013
- Helmet saves Otago helicopter pilot’s life