Aerosonic Corporation, a leading supplier of precision flight products for commercial, business and military aircraft, today announced that it has received a new contract award from Defense Logistics Agency in support of the US Army Aviation Command. The contract is to supply AAU/32A Encoding Altimeters used on the UH60 Blackhawk and OH58 Helicopter Fleet. The order includes options for two years beyond the initial delivery order. Deliveries will begin immediately on the initial delivery requirement valued at $1.1 million followed by options over the next two years for a total potential value of $4.6 million.
The AAU/32A encoding altimeter provides indication of aircraft altitude to the cockpit as well as the aircraft transponder for tower and ground altitude reporting.
"This altimeter plays a critical role in the safe operation of the aircraft. It serves as standard equipment on aircraft that are scheduled to remain in service for many years to come. We are proud to participate in maintaining the readiness of this fleet and the important role they play in our national security and defense," commented Mark Perkins, Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
Aerosonic Corporation, headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, is principally engaged in the manufacture of aviation products. For additional information, visit the Company's website at www.aerosonic.com .
- 09-May-13 N927SP Bell OH-58A Jekyll Island, US-Georgia
- New Mexico National Guard transfer to UH-72A Lakota
- 04-May-13 N911RN Bell OH-58A Somerton, US-California
- Kiowa Warrior upgrades alter aircraft profile
- 25th CAB named AAAA Outstanding Aviation Unit of the Year
- 16-Mar-13 Bell OH-58D Daman district, Afghanistan (1F)
- 14-Feb-13 N337PW Bell OH-58A Pine Springs, US-Texas
- 08-Jan-13 N911PT Bell OH-58C Lemoore, US-California
- Oklahoma Army National Guard to replace Kiowa with Lakota in 2013
- Two Pasadena Police OH-58s contact each other
- 17-Nov-12 N911FA Bell OH-58A Altadena, US-California
- 17-Nov-12 N96BM Bell OH-58A Altadena, US-California
- Profile – San Juan County Sheriff’s helicopter unit
- US Army tests Eurocopter EC145T2 for Kiowa replacement
- 13-Oct-12 N40TN Bell OH-58 Jackson, US-Tennessee
- Kentucky Army Aviation helps keep the National Guard in the air
- Mohawk Valley Community College Aviation Training Center adds OH-58
- 05-Sep-12 Bell OH-58D Puli Alam, Afghanistan (2F)
- 27-Aug-12 N503DR Bell OH-58C Escalon, US-California
- Boeing establishes simulator-based training for Kiowa flight instructors