DynCorp International (DI) today announced that it has won a contract with the U.S. Naval Air Systems Command to provide aviation maintenance and logistic support at the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division, Patuxent River, Md.
â€œFor 38 years, DynCorp International has proudly supported the U.S. Navy at Pax River under the Contract Field Teams program, and we are honored to continue that support under this new Navy contract,â€ said Catherine Gridley, vice president of DIâ€™s Aviation business. â€œAs one of the largest employers in southern Maryland, we have had a long standing presence in the area and are delighted to continue serving the U.S. Navy at one of our countryâ€™s premier aviation sites.â€
The competitively-awarded, cost-plus-fixed-fee contract has a base year valued at $92.8 million, with a total contract value of $490 million if all four option years are exercised.
DI will provide maintenance services for the Naval Test Wing Atlanticâ€™s fleet of test and evaluation aircraft and for the prestigious U.S. Navy Test Pilot School. This includes all rotary, fixed, lighter-than-air, and unmanned aircraft on-site for project testing, as well as transient, loaner, leased and tested civilian aircraft assigned to the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division. DI will also perform supportability/safety studies and off-site aircraft safety/spill containment patrols and aircraft recovery services.
About DynCorp International
DynCorp International is a global government services provider working in support of U.S. national security and foreign policy objectives, delivering support solutions for defense, diplomacy and international development. DI operates major programs in logistics, platform support, contingency operations and training and mentoring to reinforce security, community stability and the rule of law. DynCorp International is headquartered in Falls Church, Va.
DynCorp awarded $490M contract for aircraft maintenance work at Pax River
- LCI Helicopters to manage 7 helicopters for SQN Capital Management
- The HeliHub.com interview – Lynn Tilton of MD Helicopters
- Robinson Doing Well Despite the Numbers
- Wysong Enterprises receives FAA STC/PMA for Bell 407 EMS Accessories
- Police Aviation News – February 2015 Edition
- Milestone Aviation Group expanding with new offices in Singapore, Sao Paulo and UAE
- Erickson Announces CEO Transition
- Southern Vietnam Helicopter Company (VNHS) chooses Ramco Aviation Software
- New medical helicopter stationed at Mountain View Hospital
- N.W.T. launches new medevac co-ordination system for communities
- Cadorath Aerospace Awarded Coveted Rolls-Royce M250 FIRST Network Award
- Sikorsky and Bristow Embark on New Era of Search and Rescue
- Sikorsky Recognizes National Helicopter Services Ltd. for Recent S-76D™Helicopter Milestones
- Conklin & De Decker Announces 3rd Annual Exploring Aircraft Operating Costs Seminar
- Conklin & De Decker Offerheli-Expo Visitors Show Discount and Drawing for Tablet
- Police Aviation News – March 2015 Edition
- HNZ Group buys AS350 B2/B3e Level 7 Flight Training Device
- PHI’s AW139 Fleet Passes 25,000 Flight Hours Milestone
- AgustaWestland and Mitsui Bussan Aerospace Sign Basic Ordering Agreement for AW139 Support and Training
- Enstrom brings TH180 development aircraft to Heli-Expo