DynCorp International (DI) today announced that it has won a contract with the U.S. Naval Air Systems Command to provide aviation maintenance and logistic support at the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division, Patuxent River, Md.
“For 38 years, DynCorp International has proudly supported the U.S. Navy at Pax River under the Contract Field Teams program, and we are honored to continue that support under this new Navy contract,” said Catherine Gridley, vice president of DI’s Aviation business. “As one of the largest employers in southern Maryland, we have had a long standing presence in the area and are delighted to continue serving the U.S. Navy at one of our country’s premier aviation sites.”
The competitively-awarded, cost-plus-fixed-fee contract has a base year valued at $92.8 million, with a total contract value of $490 million if all four option years are exercised.
DI will provide maintenance services for the Naval Test Wing Atlantic’s fleet of test and evaluation aircraft and for the prestigious U.S. Navy Test Pilot School. This includes all rotary, fixed, lighter-than-air, and unmanned aircraft on-site for project testing, as well as transient, loaner, leased and tested civilian aircraft assigned to the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division. DI will also perform supportability/safety studies and off-site aircraft safety/spill containment patrols and aircraft recovery services.
About DynCorp International
DynCorp International is a global government services provider working in support of U.S. national security and foreign policy objectives, delivering support solutions for defense, diplomacy and international development. DI operates major programs in logistics, platform support, contingency operations and training and mentoring to reinforce security, community stability and the rule of law. DynCorp International is headquartered in Falls Church, Va.
- First Heli UK Leaders Round Table takes place
- BALPA union calls on CAA and EASA for clarity over Bond unilateral EC135 grounding
- FlightSafety names new Manager for Dallas Learning Center
- Classic Lifeguard opens new Utah base in Moab
- Pentastar Aviation completes three 600-hour inspections on EC155s
- Russian Helicopters wins Company of the Year award
- Simmonds Precision Products awarded $7.9M option for MH-60R and MH-60S work
- Eurocopter takes EC130T2 on tour of Australia
- Bond Air Services grounds EC135, then back in air within hours
- Sikorsky Innovations Awarded Contract for Phase 1 DARPA X-Plane Program
- Eurocopter delivers two EC225 to Bond via Waypoint Leasing
- Waypoint Leasing announce 13 helicopter AW139/S92 deal with CHC
- Helitech prepares for 2014 debut on Dutch soil
- Retired Bell employees lose $500 Christmas bonus
- UTair Selects Swiss AviationSoftware for MRO solutions
- US Dept Homeland Security selling four MD500Es
- FAA Obstructive Sleep Apnea Issues
- R22 production continues slowly – but who is buying?
- Eurocopter launches law enforcement EC145T2 helicopter with an order for six
- Royal Thai Army add R44 – with training from Heliluck and Mornington Sanford Aviation