The International Helicopter Safety Team (IHST) announced that it has launched social media profiles in an effort to increase awareness about the organizationâ€™s goal to reduce the civil helicopter accident rate by 80 per cent by 2016. American Eurocopter created the profiles in Facebook and Twitter, and has worked with IHST on the development of a social media strategy.
â€œWe would like to thank American Eurocopter for their input and efforts to create our social media presence,â€ said Kim Smith, manager of the FAA Rotorcraft Directorate and Government Co-Chair of the IHST. â€œThis is an important effort for IHST and through the support of industry leaders like American Eurocopter, we are able to further promote our goals and safety initiatives.â€
The IHST social media pages provide the global helicopter community with instant access to useful safety toolkits and videos, reports and safety recommendations, and relevant news and event information focused on benefiting helicopter operations. The Facebook and Twitter profiles are also a great platform for the industry community to ask helicopter safety questions and share the experiences and information.
â€œAmerican Eurocopter gladly accepted the opportunity to help create and establish social media profiles, communication strategy and action plan for IHST,â€ said Brenda Reuland, American Eurocopter Vice President of Communications and Public Relations. â€œSocial media has been a valuable tool for us to keep in touch with our customers, fans and followers, and it is a logical place for IHST to generate awareness about its initiatives and increase safety education throughout the global community.â€
American Eurocopter launched its own social media pages during the Heli-Expo 2011 and has been growing its social media follower base ever since. AEâ€™s social media communications include Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn profiles, and social media has been a great avenue for the company to communicate with the customers and followers.
In addition to the assistance with social media, American Eurocopter has been involved with IHST in other projects which help to create understanding about helicopter safety and accident reduction. Since safety has been always a priority for American Eurocopter Corporation, we [they] frequently assist IHST with promoting its messages and support its operations.
â€œLikeâ€ the IHST Facebook page and join the IHST Twitter page to become active in the IHST social media community and provide the crucial input in helicopter safety and accident reduction rate.
VisitÂ www.ihst.org web site for more information:
About American Eurocopter
American Eurocopter is the U.S. affiliate of Eurocopter, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of EADS North America Holdings, the North American operations of EADS, the second largest aerospace and defense company in the world. American Eurocopter is a helicopter manufacturer and markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and para-public helicopters offered by any manufacturer. The product line represents the most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters, ranging from light single to heavy twin, serving all markets and missions. American Eurocopterâ€™s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, TX, with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, MS.
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia