AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that it has signed an agreement with AVIASUR appointing them as Independent Sales Representatives for Chile and Peru for AgustaWestland commercial helicopters. The agreement follows the entry into the market of the AW119Ke single engine helicopter and the best selling AW109 Power and GrandNew twin-engine helicopters in 2010. The agreement was signed today at the 8th Latin American Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition (LABACE) in Sao Paolo, Brazil.
Speaking after the ceremony Emilio Dalmasso, Senior VP Commercial Business Unit, AgustaWestland said, “This latest agreement will reinforce AgustaWestland’s presence in South America where we are seeing strong demand for our commercial helicopters. We look forward to working with AVIASUR and developing our relationship to provide local services that will benefit our customers in both Chile and Peru.”
The agreement with AVIASUR will be followed in the next quarter by an AgustaWestland Authorised Service Centre agreement, which will enable AVIASUR to provide maintenance and other support services from its modern facility at Santiago’s Arturo Merino BenÃtez International Airport, Chile, to operators of AgustaWestland commercial helicopters.
AVIASUR provides a wide range of aviation services from its Santiago headquarters including a full FBO service, aircraft sales, charter flights and aircraft management for private and corporate clients.
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- Royal Air Force VIP flight reduced to one AW109E
- Mexico orders six GrandNew for Presidential flight
- AgustaWestland to Exhibit at EHS
- Australia – Linfox receives sixth new AgustaWestland helicopter in 13 years
- Summit Air Ambulance rolling after successful first year
- 29-Mar-13 AgustaWestland A109LUH Kruger, South Africa (5F)
- UK – Hayward & Green launch A109 component support programme
- Helidecks releases cockpit guide/checklist iPad apps for AW109 and R44
- Helicopter crash – central London UK
- 16-Jan-13 G-CRST AgustaWestland AW109E Vauxhall, UK (2F)
- 15-Dec-12 07 AgustaWestland AW109E Okoroba, Nigeria (6F)
- 30-Sep-12 N144CF AgustaWestland AW109E Eastland, US-Texas
- RSG completes certification of AW109 secondary digital altimeter
- 17-Sep-12 N901EM AgustaWestland AW109E US-Maine
- 10-Aug-12 G-MEDX AgustaWestland AW109E Corby, UK
- FB Heliservices wins two year Albanian training contract
- 28-Jul-12 XA-UQH AgustaWestland AW109SP Cerro Alpino, Mexico (3F)
- 17-Jul-12 N716AM Agusta A109A Niihau, US-Hawaii