Helijet’s regularly-scheduled Victoria to Vancouver passenger service landed Tuesday morning with a special delivery: the Fairmont Empress’ famous tea and scones and a freshly-logoed helicopter to promote a new business partnership between North America’s largest scheduled helicopter carrier and Fairmont Hotels.
The new partnership between The Fairmont Waterfront, The Fairmont Empress and Helijet means great Helijet rates (up to 15% off) for members of the Fairmont President’s Club (complimentary to sign up) along with the best available hotel rates.
The Fairmont Waterfront is also offering Vancouver visitors a VIP package: “The Ultimate 48 Hours in Vancouver Experience”. The package boasts Vancouver’s top sights in an unforgettable way from a gleaming Fairmont Gold harbour view room to a guided culinary tour of the Granville Island Public Market and a Helijet sight seeing tour to the top of Grouse Mountain.
Fairmont Empress General Manager Martin Leclerc, Fairmont Waterfront General Manager Ian Pullan and Helijet International President and CEO Danny Sitnam enjoyed tea and scones with Devonshire cream and jam and inspected the new Fairmont logos on the Sikorsky S-76 helicopter.
Quote from Martin Leclerc, General Manager of The Fairmont Empress: “This is an exciting partnership for The Fairmont Empress as it’s a great opportunity to introduce our guests to Helijet, and alternatively, introduce Helijet’s passengers to the Fairmont brand. We’re always looking for opportunities to align with businesses in the community to create a better guest experience. I’m sure that working with Helijet is going to do just that.”
Quote from Ian Pullan, General Manager of The Fairmont Waterfront: “Fairmont guests are accustomed to a high level of service and they’re going to feel right at home onboard Helijet. I’m excited about our new partnership because it provides an exclusive offer and authentically local experience our guests won’t find anywhere else.”
Quote from Danny Sitnam, President and CEO, Helijet International: “Helijet is the fastest, most convenient harbour-to-harbour connection and partnering with prominent Fairmont properties in Vancouver and Victoria means even more convenience for our passengers. Whether they’re business travellers or tourists, giving passengers the opportunity to experience these hotels means providing a better service for both Helijet passengers and Fairmont guests. We’re excited to take part.”
The Fairmont Waterfront provides relaxed luxury on the West Coast coupled with a world-class Vancouver experience. The hotel is in an urban retreat with elegant accommodation, state-of-the-art meeting facilities and breathtaking harbour views. Guests can enjoy a taste of local flavour in Herons West Coast Kitchen + Bar, then visit the hotel’s rooftop garden and honeybee apiary to discover where the restaurant’s fresh herbs and honey are sourced from. www.fairmont.com/waterfront
The Fairmont Empress majestically rises over Victoria's sparkling Inner Harbour. Turn of the century architecture and timeless beauty complement this quintessential Victoria experience. Award-winning Willow Stream Spa, world-renowned Afternoon Tea, unparalleled meeting facilities and a bounty of farm to fork dining experiences are just a few of the unrivalled experiences offered at Canada’s “Castle on the Coast”.www.fairmont.com/empress
Helijet is a Canadian-owned company and is North America’s largest scheduled helicopter service, carrying over 1.9 million passengers in the past 24 years. In addition to its scheduled and charter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters and turbojet aircraft for the Province of British Columbia and numerous medical service clients. www.helijet.com
- Carson Helicopters cited for for exposing workers to chemical hazards
- Värmland’s EMS helicopter goes to Karlstad
- American Eurocopter awards scholarships for air safety training
- L-3 Wescam launches two new products at Paris
- Ducommun receives Flow-on Black Hawk contract
- North American and European customers signed for Turbomeca’s online BOOST service
- UK Government Minister Provides Reassurances on Air Ambulance Fuel VAT
- STARS receives major gift from Young’s Equipment
- Bell’s Czech Republic facility expands scope of EASA DOA certification
- Erickson Air-Crane extends S64 contract in Afghanistan
- Bristow to equip 44 helicopters with Rockwell Collins TCAS II
- Vector Aerospace get Sikorsky approval for UK S76 service centre
- Dart Aerospace now offering R66 Field Maintenance Kit
- Elitaliana Signs For Three More AW169 Helicopters
- AgustaWestland Training Academy Malaysia Introduces AW139 Full Flight Simulator
- Mauritanian Air Force Orders Two AW109 Powers
- AgustaWestland Secures its First AW139 Order in Senegal
- Curtiss-Wright Controls awarded Surion contract
- Curtiss-Wright Controls’ Data Acquisition & “Black Box” Technology to be used on unnamed new helicopter
- Global Military Helicopter Modernisation, Upgrade and Retrofit Market 2013-2023