Defense Technology Inc. announced today that they completed teaching one year of Mi-17 intermediate level maintenance training for the Afghan Air Force. Â Over thirty Afghan soldiers have now graduated from the class and are ready to lead maintenance teams in the field.
Under the leadership of the USAF 440th Air Expeditionary Squadron, these classes were designed to provide experienced maintenance personnel with a refresher of OEM maintenance techniques and added theory to assist with trouble shooting.
The senior Afghan maintainers have a strong level of experience, but most have not had OEM-type training in 20 years. Â The commander of the Afghan Aviation Maintenance Group, ColonelÂ Abdul Shafi, said that, “These courses have helped increase the knowledge of our Mi-17 maintainers and will improve the maintenance posture of our (Afghan) Air Force in general.” He also noted that, “Graduates must apply what they have learned in the course to their responsibilities in maintaining the helicopters on the flight line.”
The DTI training team, led byÂ Bryon Kreck, received letters of appreciation from Afghan Air Force Lt. Gen.Â Abdul WahabÂ for their exceptional service in support of this program.
About DTI –
DTI is committed to supporting the warfighter inÂ AfghanistanÂ by providing certified Mi-17/35 hardware and services at the best possible price.Â DTI is the only U.S. company to have providedÂ all phases ofÂ Mi-17 life cycle support,Â including the delivery of new aircraft, field maintenance, training, spares and overhaul. Â For more information, seeÂ www.DefTechInc.com.
DTI is headquartered inÂ Huntsville, Ala., with offices inÂ Kiev,Â Moscow,Â Bahrain, andÂ Kabul.
- Russian Helicopters to repair Czech military Mi-8s
- Russian Helicopters completes overhaul of 19 Mexican Navy Mi-17s
- Russian Helicopters seeks long-term MRO contract for Indian Mi-17 fleet
- Hungary decides against buying 30 Russian helicopters
- Kenya Police – new helicopter soon, and two Mi-17s to be overhauled
- Russian Helicopters helps re-equip overhaul base in Egypt
- Punjab Government VVIP choice is between Mi-17 and Bell 412
- Iran to upgrade Mi-17 Service Center
- Russian Helicopters complete repair of 19 Mi-17s for Mexican Air Force
- 06-Aug-15 Mil Mi-17 Zabul province, Afghanistan (17F)
- 06-Aug-15 Mil Mi-17 Lassan Nawab, Pakistan (12F)
- 06-Aug-15 EP-662 Mil Mi-17 Piura, Peru (1F)
- 06-Aug-15 Mil Mi-17 Khot, Pakistan
- 28-Jul-15 Mil Mi-17 Hradisko, Slovakia (1F)
- 27-Jul-15 RDPL-34062 Mil Mi-17 Longcheng, Laos (23F)
- 02-May-15 Mil Mi-17 Kohat, Pakistan
- India – Border Security Force inducts pair of Mi-17s
- Ex-U.S. Army colonel tied to Tilton equity firm reaches plea deal
- US: Ex-Army colonel negotiated job with defense contractor that had business with his office
- Kenya police invite bids for supply of three helicopters