At MAKS-2011 International Aviation and Space Salon Russian Helicopters holding company signed two macrocontracts for delivery of Mi-171 helicopters produced by JSC Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant (JSC U-UAP). According to the agreements achieved, 40 helicopters of Mi-171 type are planned to be delivered to JSC UTair Aviation, 39 helicopters of Mi-8 type - Gaspromavia Aviation Company Ltd. The both contracts were concluded on 17 August in the presence of Chairman of the Government of Russia Vladimir Putin, who visited the exhibition and exposition of Russian Helicopters holding company on that day.
The previous joint macrocontract with UTair for 40 Mi-171 helicopters was completed in September 2010. All helicopters were produced and supplied before the scheduled dates.
According to the new contract, another 40 Mi-171 helicopters will be delivered to UTair in 2012-2013. For further successful development of new helicopter services markets the UTair needs the helicopters, which meet the high requirements of customers. In this regard, the new certified Mi-171 helicopters are planned to be produced and delivered in more complex configuration than the previous batch. It is planned that they will be heavily involved in works to the benefit of enterprises of gas and oil complex and UN missions in various regions of the world.
39 Mi-8AMT helicopters (export designation Mi-171E) are planned to be delivered to Gaspromavia Aviation Company Ltd. in 2012-2016. The aviation company already has huge experience of operation of helicopters produced by JSC U-UAP, but such large batch will be supplied at the first time. Gaspromavia Aviation Company Ltd. also placed high demands on the helicopters configuration. The helicopters will be involved in one of the most difficult types of helicopters operation - flights to offshore oil rigs.
Mi-171 helicopters of JSC U-UAP production are in stable demand on global aviation market. At MAKS-2011 International Aviation and Space Salon the enterprise's products were presented by four helicopters of Mi-171 type in different variants. As a part of joint exposition of the Russian helicopter building holding company on static display there were presented Mi-171… helicopter in VIP-variant of JSC Air Company Vertical-’, as well as Mi-171… (Mi-8Ð‚ÐŠ’) helicopter with special equipment, which belong to Federal Customs Service of Russia.
Russian Air Force on their static display presented Mi-8Ð‚ÐŠ’Sh troop-carrying helicopter supplied by JSC U-UAP under government's defence order in May 2011 to one of MoD bases. Besides, produced by the plant Mi-171E (Mi-8AMT) helicopter of Aviation Center of Special Purpose Center of Reaction Forces of Ministry of Interior of Russia took part in the aero show's flight program. That helicopter was involved in anti-terrorist actions enact demonstrated at MAKS-2011.
Leonid Belykh, Managing Director of JSC U-UAP, noted significance of the aero show for business of the enterprise: "MAKS-2011 has become especially productive for U-UAP. We received two large orders for helicopters; advanced Mi-171A2 helicopter, which is planned to be produced by U-UAP, was shown to the public at large. Well coordinated work brings its results".
On exhibition stand of Russian Helicopters holding company at a scale of 1:10 there was presented a model of advanced Mi-171Ð‚2 helicopter. At the present time, it is being developed by JSC Mil Moscow Helicopter Plant. According to the plans of Russian Helicopters holding company, serial production of the helicopter may be arranged at JSC Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant from 2014.
- Denel Aviation to expand Mi-8 / MI-17 South African service centre
- 28-May-13 Mil Mi-8 Ivanovsky, Russia (2F)
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- UTair South Africa becomes official supplier to UN
- 06-May-13 RA-24410 Mil Mi-8 Preobrazhenka, Russia (9F)
- LOM Praha awarded with $1.3M contract for Mi-17 pilot training
- Indian Air Force may have no VVIP helicopters after 2014
- 21-Apr-13 Mil Mi-8T Azr district, Afghanistan
- 20-Apr-13 Mil Mi-17 Sharq Al-Owainat, Egypt
- 07-Apr-13 OB-1916P Mil-8 Loreto, Peru (13F)
- Russian Helicopters launches South Africa service centre with Denel Aviation
- 26-Mar-13 RA-22986 Mil Mi-8MTV Kronotsky, Russia
- 16-Mar-13 Mil Mi-8 Khankala, Russia (3F)
- 14-Mar-13 Mil Mi-8T Khabarovsk, Russia
- 09-Mar-13 RA-22472 Mil Mi-8AMT Bukavu, Congo (4F)
- UTair wins multi-type contract with oil producer Bashneft
- 25-Jan-13 228 Mil Mi-171Sh Duga Resa, Croatia
- 23-Jan-13 Mil Mi-8 Dudinka, Russia
- Colombia’s Vertical de Aviacion adds three Mi-171s
- Rwanda provides six helicopters for UN efforts in Sudan