HÃ©lidax, the first public-private partnership (PPP) launched by the French Ministry of Defense in 2008, exceeded last June 20 000 flight hours on EC120 Colibri aircraft. A subsidiary of DCI and INAER, Helidax achieved this performance in less of 13 months of operation and trained two batches of trainees for the armed forces.
Helidax’s example brought the attention abroad. There had been significant interest by countries seduced by the quality and the performance of Helidax as well as DCI’s capacity to transfer its military know-how abroad. A new military training school of helicopter pilots will be launched mid-September in Qatar, Doha with DCI, based on the Helidax model. Other countries like Kuwait, Chad, Malaysia and Brazil are also interested in training their crews and by all the services proposed by DCI in terms of maintenance activities.
« Helidax’s success, with an aircraft occupancy rate meeting 100% of the school’s daily requirements, can be a model for future outsourcing projects in France but also for military or civilian market abroad. The private finance initiative of Helidax proves all the pertinence provided by additional revenues which lower the costs for the ministry of Defense, » said Jean-Louis Rotrubin, CEO of DCI and HÃ©lidax. « We receive many requests from foreign countries. The new training school in Qatar shows DCI’s commitment to transfer its military know-how, including for outsourcing. DCI is a service provider fully involved from the beginning to the end of the contract.
The company was created in 1972 to assist military equipment sales to foreign countries. Its main mission consisted of providing operational training courses based on the know-how of the French Armed Forces.
DCI is an upper medium size service provider in which the French government is the concurring shareholder. DCI now operates throughout the defense and security spectrum. Culturally close to the Ministry of Defense, DCI offers outsourcing services to foreign countries, for :
- consulting and assistance throughout the life cycle of armament programs,
- training engineering in the academic, operational and technical fields.
Lastly, DCI and its subsidiaries have been partners of the French Armed Forces for 10 years within the scope of service contracts and are endeavouring to extend their activities to European Union countries.
- 20-May-13 HB-ZFY Eurocopter EC120 St Tropez, France
- Eurocopter UK reinforces its British private/VIP market leadership
- Cities formally dissolve ABLE helicopter program
- Baltimore Police reverse decision to mothball one of four EC120s
- New Cabin Comfort Window Option for EC120, EC130
- American Eurocopter is leader in law enforcement sales
- Eurocopter Canada adds new STC items for AS350, EC130 and EC120
- 03-Mar-13 OM-ECI Eurocopter EC120 Horný Čepeň, Slovak Republic (1F)
- Winnipeg Police responded to 3,445 incidents in 2012
- SaxonAir appoints new CEO
- Kitchener Aero STC’s Garmin G500H in EC120
- 05-Jan-13 Eurocopter EC120 Baltimore, US-Maryland
- Malaysian authorities had concerns with pilot’s documents before fatal crash
- UK – Oryx Jet adds helicopter capability
- 40,000 flight hour mark reached by Helidax
- 15-Sep-12 JA120H Eurocopter EC120 Kujukuri, Japan
- 09-Sep-12 D-HALX Eurocopter EC120 Metzingen, Germany (1F)
- Baltimore Police start operating new EC120 fleet
- Helibras delivers new EC120 and AS350B3e at LABACE 2012
- 20-Jul-12 N8899 Eurocopter EC120 Sri Aman, Malaysia (3F)