Shri K Naresh Babu has taken over the vital appointment of Managing Director, Bangalore Complex, Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL), today. Prior to this, he was General Manager (Planning) at HAL Corporate Office.
He has taken over as Managing Director, Bangalore Complex, heading nine full-fledged Divisions including one R&D Centre, engaged in manufacture, overhaul and supply of Fighter/Trainer aircraft, Aero-engines, Industrial Marine Gas Turbines, Aerospace Launch Vehicle Structures and Satellite Structures in addition to Facility Management of Bangalore based Divisions, HAL Estate and Medical & Health for Bangalore based employees and their families.
With his planning and management skills, Shri Naresh Babu will be providing impetus to the Divisions of Bangalore Complex on timely completion of ongoing Projects/Programmes like Hawk, LCA, IJT, etc. His emphasis will be on Customer Satisfaction and speedy implementation of programmes like MMRCA, Jaguar Darin III Upgrade and Mirage Upgrade. His endeavour is to make the Bangalore Complex to scale new heights in Production, Export and Turnover in the coming years to attain global foot print.
Background : K Naresh Babu joined HAL in November 1976 as Technical Management Trainee, after graduating in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. He began his career at Overhaul Division, Bangalore as Engineer looking after the Repair/Overhaul activities of Instrument and Radio Accessories pertaining to the then projects viz., Canberra, Marut, Devon, Packet, Ajeet, HT-2 Aircraft. Subsequently, he worked in various Departments of Overhaul Division. He grew in the Management Ladder and became General Manager of Overhaul Division from 01.07.2008. At Overhaul Division, he spearheaded Repair and Overhaul of aircraft like Jaguar, Kiran, Mirage, etc. In December 2008, he was moved to Corporate Office as General Manager (Planning). At Corporate Office his job profile was assessment of new projects of the Company, evaluation of business viability of the projects, monitoring of production and design programmes of all the Divisions and R&D Centres of HAL.
- AW139 tech pubs now available on tablets and smart phones
- US corporate operator signs for two AW139s
- Kestrel Aviation Orders Two More AgustaWestland AW119Ke
- LCI signs for 10 more new AgustaWestland helicopters
- Conklin & de Decker and NATA to hold annual Aviation Tax Seminar
- French Prime Minister visits Eurocopter at Paris Air Show
- GrandNew Full Flight Simulator to Rega and fully Swiss-certified
- Turkey’s Alp Aviation to provide warehousing and distribution of Sikorsky parts
- Denel Aviation to expand Mi-8 / MI-17 South African service centre
- Erickson Air-Crane amends Credit Facility to Increase Capacity
- Rockwell Collins launches HeliSure™ product line for helicopters
- Saint-Gobain Aerospace to supply Bell 525 nose radomes
- Bell and Turbomeca provide details of new working relationship
- Bell provides 525 Relentless program update
- Bell announces Turbomeca-powered JetRanger replacement
- Thales helps Romanian Navy expand Puma ASW capability
- Japan Coast Guard increases S-76D order to 11
- September launch for Sikorsky’s Training Academy in Oklahoma
- Nirma Group Takes Delivery of a Second GrandNew
- Elbit launches Directional Infra-Red Countermeasure system for small helicopters