The Dalian Municipal Public Security Bureau in northeast China is acquiring two EC155 helicopters from Eurocopter for police missions, with the initial rotary-wing aircraft deployed during an upcoming meeting of the World Economic Forum.
To be delivered early this month, the first EC155 will be utilized for VIP transport and security patrols during the World Economic Forum’s “Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2011” – also commonly known as the “Summer Davos” session – held 14-16 September in Dalian. This helicopter will subsequently perform missions with additional equipment such as searchlights and hoist for multi-role police support duties. The second EC155 is scheduled for delivery at the end of 2012.
“The EC155 impressed us with its performance, versatility and comfort,” stated a representative from the Dalian Municipal Public Security Bureau responsible for the helicopter procurement project. “On top of that, it is a very quiet machine, which makes the EC155 a good helicopter for discrete surveillance work. For the upcoming Summer Davos forum, this will be a much-appreciated feature when transporting VIPs and during aerial patrols.”
This latest order of helicopters for airborne police work marks the continuing successful support of Eurocopter’s products in the Chinese public service sector. Its helicopters have already been used extensively for various public service missions by the Hong Kong Government Flying Services, the Guangdong Municipal Public Security Department and the Shanghai Police Air Force.
“We are very proud that our range of helicopters is serving the country well, having been deployed for many major international events such as the Asian Games in Guangzhou, the World Expo in Shanghai, and in a few days’ time, the Summer Davos in Dalian,” said Eurocopter China CEO Bruno Boulnois. “This is a great testimony to the capability and reliability of our aircraft.”
Currently, there are a total of 16 EC155s operating in China, with the largest single fleet of 11 owned by the CITIC Offshore Helicopter Co. for oil and gas operations. The twin-engine EC155 is a five-ton helicopter from Eurocopter’s well-known Dauphin family. It seats up to 12 passengers comfortably, is extremely versatile and recognized to be the quietest helicopter in its class.
- Japan Police orders two EC135s and one each EC155 and AS365N3+
- EBACE – Heli Asset places first Eurocopter EC155B1 into Switzerland
- UK – ExecuJet Europe adds first helicopter to managed fleet
- Metro Aviation to complete EC155 for second HEMS user in US
- 21-Mar-13 D-HLTM Eurocopter EC155 Berlin, Germany (1F)
- Transportes Aereos Pegaso Signs for Two EC155s
- Eurocopter and Milestone Aviation Group getting closer together
- Government Flying Service celebrates 10 years of SBH® contract with Turbomeca
- Turbomeca engines reach 400,000 hours on Citic Offshore fleet
- ShandsCair purchases Eurocopter EC155B1
- American Eurocopter Showcases Air Medical Solutions at AMTC 201
- EC155 enters service with U-M Health System’s Survival Flight
- NHV acquires two EC155s from Bristow
- Dancopter EC155s commence UK-based Shell contract
- Last two of twenty EC155s handed over to German Federal Police
- North Flight Data Systems receives FAA STC for EC155 LARS system
- Eurocopter book 11 sales at FIDAE show in Chile
- Indian corporates order Eurocopter AS350B3e, EC135 and EC155
- UK – Starspeed moves base from Blackbushe to Fairoaks
- American Eurocopter announces top flight component support plans