Eurocopter has signed a contract to supply an EC225 helicopter for Spain following its recent success in the country’s competition to select a new rotary-wing aircraft for maritime search & rescue (SAR) and pollution control operations.
This marks one of the first stages in a national rescue plan to be implemented by the Spanish Maritime Safety Agency (SASEMAR), and is designed to provide air assets in the form of large helicopters for missions in the southern part of the Bay of Biscay and in the Canary Islands. SASEMAR is a public enterprise affiliated with the Spanish Ministry of Development through the Directorate-General of the Merchant Navy.
The new EC225 is to replace one of SASEMAR’s Sikorsky S-61N helicopters, and will provide the agency with a high-performance asset for maritime SAR and surveillance operations in all weather conditions. Offering enhanced capacity, range and autonomy, the EC225 is equipped with cutting-edge technical innovations for navigation and SAR.
Successful worldwide deployments of the EC225 helicopter in search & rescue configurations – particularly in challenging operating environments such as the North Sea, Southeast Asia, Brazil, China, Taiwan and Japan – makes it the perfect choice for the new duties with Spain. The agreement for SASEMAR’s EC225 was signed by Eurocopter Spain, the Spanish-based affiliate of Eurocopter.
- Super Puma AS332 L2 G-REDL Fatal Accident Inquiry announced
- 21-Mar-13 D-HEGB Eurocopter AS332L1 Berlin, Germany
- Peru – Servicios Aéreos de Los Andes to lease two AS332s
- Vector Aerospace – the newest AS332 service centre
- Svalbard selects Lufttransport for SAR
- 27-Nov-12 Eurocopter AS532 Liberator, Venezuela
- 19-Nov-12 JA9965 Eurocopter AS332L1 Kita-Hira, Japan
- Turbomeca engines reach 400,000 hours on Citic Offshore fleet
- 22-Oct-12 G-CHCN Eurocopter EC225 Shetland, UK
- Lerwick Harbour pilot boats are key in Bond’s Jigsaw operations
- Bristow completes Baltic AS332 contract
- 25-Jul-12 Eurocopter AS532AL Verdon Gorge, France (6F)
- CHC wins three North Sea contracts worth $820 Million
- 25-Jun-12 Eurocopter AS332L2 Shetland, UK
- Eurocopter establishes Africa’s first full motion Helicopter Simulator
- 06-Jun-12 PR-OMV Eurocopter EC225 Macae, Brazil
- 22-May-12 Eurocopter AS332L2 North Sea, UK
- 10-May-12 G-REDW Eurocopter EC225 off Aberdeen, UK
- Helibras successfully tests new Super Puma lighting panel
- Switzerland takes delivery of first two upgraded Super Pumas