HeliHub.com was the first aviation news website to identify the sale of these EC135s into Korea - see story here
Metro Aviation, Inc. completed two EC135 aircraft for the Republic of Korea.
These aircraft are not only the first Eurocopter EC135 aircraft in country, but will become the first civilian operated EMS aircraft to be in-service in the Republic of South Korea.
“Every resource Metro Aviation, Inc. possesses was challenged by this project,” said Milton Geltz, Managing Director of Metro Aviation Inc. “The first two aircraft were received and completed with all Metro Aviation, Inc. standard EMS options, SPIFR, air-conditioning, paint and interior in less than 80 days including Korean Aviation Safety Administration acceptance of the modifications and the basic aircraft.”
Korean Air Lines began operational services of the EC135’s September 1, 2011.
Geltz added, “Metro Aviation, Inc. was also contracted to provide onsite reassembly assistance at the KAL Inchon base by the customer. A technician was dispatched and, along with American Eurocopter test pilot assistance, the two aircraft were reassembled, flight-checked and entered service for pilot training, each in less than four days.”
Korean Air Lines has contracted completion of a third EC135, which will be shipped September 20, 2011.
Metro Aviation, Inc. was established in 1982 as a helicopter charter, flight training, and maintenance operation facility. Since then, Metro Aviation, Inc. has grown substantially in size, and is internationally recognized for its excellence in helicopter transportation services. Today, Metro Aviation, Inc. is an FAA certified Airframe Modification, Maintenance, Inspection and Repair center, and is proud to offer traditional services to its valued customers.
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69
- Court rejects helicopter haze injunction
- Rivalry develops in air ambulance service
- Castleberry Instruments & Avionics Relocates for Growth
- Keystone Turbine Services Honeywell-approved for P&WC PT6 Series Accessory Support
- EBACE – Heli Asset places first Eurocopter EC155B1 into Switzerland
- EBACE – Corporate EC175 features dimmable windows and cabin partitions
- EBACE – JSSI reaches 10,000th Asset Milestone
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE