The British operator Great Western Air Ambulance Service has confirmed that it will remain at Filton, near Bristol, despite the sale of its current airfield home as it is no longer viable to owners BAE Systems. The Chief Executive of BAE, Ian King, has told GWAA that they will ensure that its home will remain within the current airfield boundary - although not necessarily on its current site. It looks likely that they will move, as dictated by the way that Filton is redeveloped.
John Christensen, the charity's chief executive said: "This is really good news and we are grateful to Ian King for this reassurance. It's now important to ensure any new base is suitable and affordable for Great Western Air Ambulance Charity".
The air ambulance service operates in Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Gloucestershire.
Filton is most famous as the British test base for the supersonic airliner Concorde, since grounded following a fatal accident suffered by Air France.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- 23-May-13 PNB-8302 Eurocopter Bo105 Caracas, Venezuela (5F)
- Jordanian Police sell three Bo105s
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance shows off Bo105 colour scheme
- Canada issues RFP for Coastguard Bo105 replacement
- 26-Mar-13 9Y-TIC Eurocopter Bo105 Cedros, Trinidad & Tobago
- Bond to supply Bo105 to Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance
- German Army Bo105 retired to Border museum
- UK – New Air Ambulance charity launched in Scotland
- Charity buys third Bo105 for rat eradication on remote island
- Queensland Police running 3 month Bo105 trial
- Bo105 sold from Netherlands to Georgia
- Canadian Coast Guard helicopter fleet to be modernized
- 21-Aug-12 Eurocopter Bo105C Donsol, Philippines
- UK – Great Western Air Ambulance plans upgrade to EC135
- Calstar appoints new Director of Medical Operations
- FAA and Brazil’s ANAC certify Onboard Systems Bo105 hydraulic cargo hook
- Summit Aviation appointed Eurocopter Service Center
- CALSTAR closes two bases
- 17-Dec-11 Eurocopter Bo105 Antarctica (2 of 2)