CHC Helicopter today announced strong revenue and EBITDA growth in its fiscal first-quarter 2012, at the same time it was planning and carrying out a transformation initiative to best position the company for profitable, long-term growth.
Separately, the company said its owner, First Reserve Corp., intends to invest an additional $100 million in equity in the company in the current quarter, to help fund continued expansion in the midst of strong growth in offshore helicopter services.
Summary results from the first quarter, which ended July 31, include (all year-over-year comparisons):
- Revenue of $409.6 million, up 22 percent from $337.0 million
- EBITDAR (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization and Rent) of $100.1 million, an increase of 13 percent from $88.6 million
- EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization) of $59.6 million, up 22 percent from $49.0 million, and
- A net loss of $2.9 million, compared with net earnings of $0.6 million.
EDITDAR and EBITDA are important earnings measures in CHC’s industry.
The company achieved higher revenue and EBITDA in both its flying and MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul) business segments. Flying revenue was up in all major regions, including Europe, Australia, Brazil and the Africa Euro-Asia region. EBITDAR and EBITDA increases resulted primarily from margin generated by additional revenue.
The net loss was attributable to a number of unusual items, including $4.8 million in restructuring costs. Those costs were mostly related to CHC’s transformation initiative to improve operations and increase efficiency, as well as a charge of $7.4 million for impairment of a number of older assets held for sale.
William Amelio, CHC’s president and chief executive officer, said the first-quarter results were further evidence of increasing improvement in the company’s operations and strength in markets in which it operates.
“We are bullish about our industry, and believe CHC’s global reach, responsiveness to customers and commitment to safety â€“ together with what we expect to accomplish through our broad transformation initiative â€“ put us in an extremely favorable competitive position,” said Mr. Amelio. “The increased equity commitment from our shareholders shows that others have that same confidence.”
Financial Statements Release
CHC will release its unaudited interim consolidated financial statements for the first quarter of fiscal year 2012 at its website,Â www.chc.ca, after markets close on Wednesday, Sept. 28.
CHC will host a conference call to discuss first quarter results on Thursday, Sept. 29, at 5:00 p.m. EST. The earnings call can be accessed via telephone with the following information:
Phone: +1 (647) 427-3413
1 (888) 241-0394 (North America toll-free)
Conference ID: 13120900
Participants are encouraged to dial into the conference call 15 minutes before the scheduled start time, to assure access and full participation. Additionally, a link to accompanying content in slide format will be provided at CHC’s websiteÂ www.chc.ca.
CHC reports on FY2012 Q1, owner commits $100M for expansion
- Up and Away Aviation cleans up with Avialogistics purchase
- VIH Aerospace Announces 1st MCP01 Master Caution Panel Customer
- CHC reports Q4 and FY2015 Results
- Two Bell 505s sold into Israel
- Airbus heads for 1,000th Dauphin 2 delivery
- Cincinnati – AirCare Installs Belfort Automated Weather Observation System
- RMCI to open UK office as Alabama company targets global growth
- Global Civil Helicopter Market – Strategic Outlook to 2025
- KRET has developed a laser guidance system
- Ruawai College gets its own helipad
- 81-year-old Vietnam vet gets helicopter licence
- Winery charged for excessive helicopter landings
- Bond Offshore Helicopters opens new Norwich passenger terminal
- EASA Approves Aspen EFD1000H Primary Flight Display for Bell 206
- France – Skycam Helicopters adds fourth GrandNew
- Boeing awarded $15M modification to Apache weapon systems contract
- Robertson Fuel Systems awarded $10M modification for MV-22 aux fuel contract
- Sikorsky awarded $21M Modification on contract for one UH-60M
- Africair signs LOI for two Bell 525s and an order for a 407GXP
- Erickson Secures Uruguayan Air Force Flight Training Contract