AVX today announced that the US Army has awarded a contract to AVX to conduct Configuration Trades Analysis (CTA) studies on the innovative technology and configuration which AVX has developed for a complex coaxial helicopter with dual ducted fans.
The approx. $4 million contract, awarded by the U.S. Army Aviation Applied Technology Directorate of The Research, Development and Engineering Command located in Fort Eustis, Virginia, calls for AVX Aircraft Company to conduct studies that define an objective aircraft that is affordable, technically feasible, and meets a provided set of performance attributes.
The JMR future helicopter concept is a program to develop a family of helicopters for the United States Armed Forces.Â It is planned to enter service sometime between 2025 and 2030, with prototypes flying before 2020.
Commenting on the JMR contract, Troy Gaffey, President of AVX Aircraft Company said, â€œWe are extremely pleased and excited by the award of this contract.Â The JMR program represents the future of Army Aviation.Â This contract will expand our knowledge base and the Armyâ€™s knowledge base regarding the application of flexible AVX technology to current and future helicopter design and operations.Â We have already completed studies on using the patented AVX coaxial/rear fans technology and configuration on larger and smaller helicopters.Â This contract will help to further validate our design in support of U.S. Army objectives.â€
Work on the contract will be performed in Fort Worth, Texas, headquarters of AVX Aircraft Company and will begin immediately.
About AVX:Â Founded in 2005, and headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, AVX Aircraft Company employs helicopter industry veterans and executives with a combined experience of over 400 years across a spectrum of skill sets.Â AVX has developed and has patented a unique compound helicopter configuration with coaxial rotors and dual ducted fans that combine proven technologies to achieve greater aerodynamic efficiency, speed, range, fuel efficiency, HOGE and utility than conventional helicopters.
- Chile – Ecocopter prepares for new ENAP offshore contract
- Air Medical Group Holdings expands into India
- STARS CEO one of top 100 most powerful women in Canada
- Sikorsky given $46M to rework two VH-3D and one VH-60N
- Missouri – Ambulance board split on air ambulance policy
- Medical copter service returning to Green Valley area
- Sikorsky awarded $316M to upgrade H-60 weapon system
- CHC cancels rights issue as CD&R invests $100M more
- Era Group to present at Cowen Energy Conference
- Dogs abseiling from helicopters against rhino poaching
- Register Update – USA – week to 23 November 2014
- Helibras delivers fifth EC725 to Brazilian Armed Forces
- Ghana to buy Z-9 and Mi-17 helicopters
- UK Military Flying Training System – 3 bids received
- Argentina – Santa Fe Provincial Police pick A800 Trakkabeam for Bell 206
- Bell Wraps Up Successful Airshow China
- Helideck Analytics acquires Helideck Certification Agency
- 50th 429 delivered in Bell’s definition of Europe
- Memorial Hermann Life Flight Wins 2014 EMS Air Medical Service of the Year Award
- Praesidian Capital Europe finances acquisition of Helideck Certification Agency