AVX today announced that the US Army has awarded a contract to AVX to conduct Configuration Trades Analysis (CTA) studies on the innovative technology and configuration which AVX has developed for a complex coaxial helicopter with dual ducted fans.
The approx. $4 million contract, awarded by the U.S. Army Aviation Applied Technology Directorate of The Research, Development and Engineering Command located in Fort Eustis, Virginia, calls for AVX Aircraft Company to conduct studies that define an objective aircraft that is affordable, technically feasible, and meets a provided set of performance attributes.
The JMR future helicopter concept is a program to develop a family of helicopters for the United States Armed Forces.Â It is planned to enter service sometime between 2025 and 2030, with prototypes flying before 2020.
Commenting on the JMR contract, Troy Gaffey, President of AVX Aircraft Company said, â€œWe are extremely pleased and excited by the award of this contract.Â The JMR program represents the future of Army Aviation.Â This contract will expand our knowledge base and the Armyâ€™s knowledge base regarding the application of flexible AVX technology to current and future helicopter design and operations.Â We have already completed studies on using the patented AVX coaxial/rear fans technology and configuration on larger and smaller helicopters.Â This contract will help to further validate our design in support of U.S. Army objectives.â€
Work on the contract will be performed in Fort Worth, Texas, headquarters of AVX Aircraft Company and will begin immediately.
About AVX:Â Founded in 2005, and headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, AVX Aircraft Company employs helicopter industry veterans and executives with a combined experience of over 400 years across a spectrum of skill sets.Â AVX has developed and has patented a unique compound helicopter configuration with coaxial rotors and dual ducted fans that combine proven technologies to achieve greater aerodynamic efficiency, speed, range, fuel efficiency, HOGE and utility than conventional helicopters.
- Airbus reveals H135 Bluecopter technology demonstrator
- AgustaWestland confirms HeliHub report on Guardia Costiera AW139 order
- CHEMS, Air Methods host Hangar Day at Seamans Airport
- Northern Ontario Ornge service hampered by black holes
- ASU Celebrates 20 Years and expands HQ
- Airbus Helicopters and Mahindra Group form military joint venture
- Police Aviation News – July 2015 Edition
- How new helicopter procedure helped save a life
- Kemper Development helistop clears city review
- Minnesota – New Brighton council approves helipad
- Helicopter Museum hosts Flight Simulator Convention
- WAI Announces Scholarships for 2016
- FAA and GA Community Focus on Safety
- Russian Helicopters showcases renewed production of amphibious Mi-14PS
- Russian Helicopters announces results of AGM
- Helicopter Film Services rely on Aerigon for new Avengers film
- Russian Helicopters showcases new marine helicopters at International Maritime Defence Show
- Finmeccanica wins Landing Helicopter Dock contract with Fincantieri
- 05-Jul-15 RP-C2726 AgustaWestland AW109E Mt. Maculot, Philippines (2F)
- 05-Jul-15 Elisport CH-7 Gruffy, France