AKV Inc. in conjunction with Turbomeca (Safran group) is very pleased to announce that Turbomeca has validated the AKV Arriel 1 Engine Cycle Counter as an acceptable cycle counting aid system for their Arriel 1B, 1D, 1D1 engines installed in the Eurocopter AS350 and 1E1/-2 engines installed in the Eurocopter BK117C1 and C2 (EC145). The newly developed and validated “Linear Method” procedure now utilized by the AKV Cycle Counter is based on the published “Recommended” procedure but provides for a more precise and less conservative method of computing and accruing both Gas Producer (Ng) and Power Turbine (Np) cycles.
Turbomeca will reference and officialise the AKV Arriel 1 Cycle Counter as a cycling aid system in the Turbomeca documentation, through the distribution of the General Service Letter 2283/04.
In addition, for existing Cycle Counters in operation, customers wishing to utilize the new validation must contact AKV to obtain new software and validation documentation based on the unit serial number. Newly purchased systems will be manufactured with the validation software installed and validation data provided accordingly.
“After 8 years in operation, I am very pleased to have received this validation. As pilots we have all done our best to comply with manual cycle counting requirements, but at the end of a busy flight day it can be anyone’s guess…! Having obtained Turbomeca validation is a “big deal” for us as a company which further signifies our systems capability and accuracy.” Quote provided by Jonathan Gunn, CEO, President of AKV, Inc.
AKV Engine Cycle Counters are not only the most affordable engine cycle counters in the industry they are also valuable in that they allow the operator to accrue lower operating cycles of up to 45% over the more conservative manual “Lump” pilot method.
Currently AKV holds FAA, Transport Canada, EASA and Brazil approvals for the Arriel 1 Cycle Counter.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin