Harris Corporation has opened a new office at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Ala. to support the communications and information technology needs of a diverse range of U.S. Army programs. The Huntsville site is the fourth new Harris office opened in 2011 in direct support of U.S. Army requirements. The other offices are in Texas, Maryland andFlorida.
In Huntsville, senior Harris management, employees and partners joined local political leaders and Army officials in commemorating the opening today at the Harris office in Cummings Research Park -- the second largest technology park inthe United States, with more than 285 companies represented.
A team of more than 60 employees at the new Harris Redstone Arsenal office are providing sales, program management, engineering and technical support to the Army aviation, ballistic missile defense, space and research and development communities. Their focus is on delivering capabilities from across Harris, including the world's most advanced tactical radios, integrated network solutions, and secure, reliable communication systems.
"The Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville is a unique Army installation employing more than 35,000 people working across dozens of Army programs and commands," said Dan Pearson, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Harris Corporation. "We're investing in this community to meet their requirements for world-class networked tactical communications and information technology systems and support, today and in the future."
Harris supports nearly 20 programs headquartered in Huntsville, including Unmanned Aerial Systems, Helicopters, Air Traffic Control, Command Post Platform, Mobile Battle Command on the Move, High Mobility Artillery Rocket System and Ground Based Midcourse Defense.
Larger-scale projects include a $77 million contract awarded to Harris IT Systems to engineer, test and install IT infrastructure for the newly relocated U.S. Army Materiel Command headquarters building and a $25 million contract to deliver Highband Networking Radios to serve as the communications backbone of the U.S. Army's new Integrated Air and Missile Defense Battle Command System.
About Harris Corporation
Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 150 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has approximately $6 billion of annual revenue and more than 16,000 employees -- including nearly 7,000 engineers and scientists. Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications® products, systems, and services. Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at www.harris.com.
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- Air Methods Reaches Highest Level in FAA’s Safety Management System Program
- CAE-built Lynx full-mission flight trainer celebrates 25 years of service
- Universal Avionics Expands International Repair Capabilities for the EFI-890R/890H
- Soloy sells 12 Honeywell engine kits for Chinese AC311 helicopter
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- Universal Avionics Announces New Warranty Program
- Barco unveils new US Training/Simulation Demo Center
- UK Apache Hellfire missiles restocked in £15M deal
- Branding Iron hires new PR/Marketing Coordinator
- Register Update – USA – week to 19 May 2013
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- Ka-226T completes test EMS missions for Winter Olympics in Sochi
- StandardAero New Regional Manager for Russia, India and Asia-Pacific
- Avinco completes its third major transaction for CHC in 2013
- Evergreen Helicopters buys two Bell 214STs
- Guidance Aviation President Named Person of Year by SBA
- Aero Sekur returns to Paris Air Show with AW189 liferaft system