HeliHub.com is having increasing success with its “Gallery” feature, recording over 8,000 images in its main Gallery, and around 190 photographers have joined as members of the Gallery.
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the early success is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industry’s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- Bristow wins five-year BP contract for two S92s
- Bell to build the SLS in Louisiana
- AirMed adds new base with EC145 in Tooele, Utah
- Royal Australian Navy accepts first two MH-60Rs
- Metro Aviation to partner with Avstar Media for CBT
- Apache M-TADS/PNVS Team Receives Second Secretary of Defense PBL Award
- 11-Dec-13 Robinson R22 Mt Percy, New Zealand (1F)
- New CEO at French military contractor DCI
- Rega and BOHAG open new base at Zweissimmen
- Scotts Bell 47 ensures long term supply of Lycoming VO-435 pistons
- Indian defence chief clears his Ministry of any wrongdoing in AW101 case
- EagleMed Receives ARGUS Gold Rating for Safety
- New President joins Uniflight from Air Methods
- Element Financial acquires second helicopter lease portfolio
- New Zealand – New corporate helicopter facility at Hamilton Airport
- Erickson to present at the Imperial Capital 2013 Security Investor Conference
- Register Update – USA – week to 8 December 2013
- Wife sues firm of banker who died in Andes helicopter crash
- Italian Police Takes Delivery of its Fifth AW139
- GE Capital finances acquisition of Universal Helicopters