HeliHub.com is having increasing success with its “Gallery” feature, recording over 8,000 images in its main Gallery, and around 190 photographers have joined as members of the Gallery.
The Flickr gallery provides users of HeliHub.com the opportunity to upload their own photos, and the early success is demonstrating just how valuable this will become over time. HeliHub.com plans to utilise this gallery to provide imagery on the website itself to help the photographers promote their work free of charge. We look forward to many other photographers joining.
The HeliHub.com Gallery can be found here. Users wishing to upload photos should join Flickr.com (for free!) and then join the group before being able to add photos to the group.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industry’s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- Less autonomy for AgustaWestland as Finmeccanica pushes consolidation plans
- New Bell 412EPI products receive STC approval
- STARS Resumes Service in Manitoba
- New Zealand CAA investigate drone operator after video posted on YouTube
- Concurrent Technologies win $15M contract for MH-60S Airborne Mine Counter Measures work
- Lycoming Eliminates “Frequent” Use Requirement on 2200 TBO for Robinson Helicopters
- Compensation unresolved over S76C+ crash into Korean apartment block
- General Electric win $80M contract for CH/MH-53 engine repairs
- Raytheon win $12M contract for MH-60 Multi-Spectral Targeting Systems
- HAI Inspires Next Generation at Women in Aviation Conference
- FAA appeals after NTSB Administrative Law Judge drone decision
- AgustaWestland appoints new Support/Training VP for Canada, US and Central America
- McKenna Long & Aldridge launches UAS practice group
- Frank Robinson to be honoured in California Aviation Hall of Fame
- Airbus delivers last German Army Tiger upgraded for Afghanistan
- Devon Air Ambulance awarded their own Air Operators Certificate
- One new CV-22 ordered at cost of $76.1M
- Helicopter Maintenance Magazine announces winner of 2013 Helicopter Mechanic of the Year Award
- FAA announces Azerbaijan Aviation Safety Rating
- FAA approves Sandel HeliTAWS Terrain Awareness Warning System