Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS) today announced that it signed an agreement with Aircraft Technical Publishers (ATP®) to collaborate on an advanced technical documentation distribution solution supporting operators of Sikorsky civil helicopters worldwide. SAS is the aftermarket business of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. Sikorsky Aircraft is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
The technical documentation distribution solution developed from this collaboration includes ATP’s patented NavigatorV™ desktop platform with automated revision updates. The platform is expected to provide those SAS customers subscribing to SAS’s commercial publications services with improved productivity, enhanced information currency, and patented search and indexing tools for faster and more complete library searches. SAS commercial publications customers will receive access to a maintenance and regulatory library, including Airworthiness Directives (AD) and Service Bulletins (SB) for each Sikorsky civil helicopter model selected. SAS customers subscribing to the commercial publications service will receive an email notification whenever an AD, SB, or Temporary Revision is available for the Sikorsky civil helicopter models selected. The content for each selected Sikorsky civil helicopter model will be updated twice a week over the internet through ATP’s EZ Update feature.
“The ATP agreement aligns with our objective to deliver accurate and timely technical data that enables our customers to more safely operate, maintain and modify their aircraft, maximizing readiness while minimizing lifecycle cost,” said James Heun, General Manager of SAS Maintenance Planning and Publications. “The Sikorsky publications deployed in the ATP NavigatorV™ toolset will provide more current information to our customers and are expected to improve operator efficiency and increase safety and compliance with ADs and SBs.”
According to Rich Marino, President of ATP, “We are confident that this agreement between SAS and ATP will provide a valuable customer benefit by utilizing ATP’s core competencies for technical publication management and distribution. ATP is committed to providing Sikorsky and their customers with next generation knowledge services.”
ATP is a global knowledge services company providing safety and compliance information for the aviation market. Backed by 35+ years of experience, ATP solutions combine innovative technology, industry expertise, expedited information access and reporting. ATP’s comprehensive content services and software applications deliver vital knowledge to support the mission critical requirements of mechanics, schools, governments, operators and carriers worldwide.
Sikorsky Aerospace Services, a Sikorsky company, provides comprehensive support to rotary and fixed wing operators around the world. It offers its military and commercial customers a full portfolio of support services, including material distribution, maintenance, overhaul & repair, aircraft modifications and life-cycle support. Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Bristow to equip 44 helicopters with Rockwell Collins TCAS II
- Vector Aerospace get Sikorsky approval for UK S76 service centre
- Japan Coast Guard increases S-76D order to 11
- UK – Significant growth for Gama helicopter maintenance
- Ornge Returns Sikorsky S76Fleet To Service
- PHPA issues statement on fatal Ornge S76 accident
- 31-May-13 C-GIMY Sikorsky S76 Moosonee, Canada (4F)
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- Mexico certifies Sikorsky S76D
- Sikorsky Aerospace and WIKING Kale Air Launch New Customer Service Center
- Helijet Expands B.C. Central Coast Presence
- AAG Offers Special Charter Rates to Avoid NYC Airport Delays
- 27-Apr-13 N305SJ Sikorsky S76B Constanza, Dominican Republic
- FlightSafety to offer Sikorsky S-76B training in Dallas
- Sikorsky Establishes Forward Stocking Location Facility in Brazil
- UK – Capital Air Services add two S76s on management
- British Columbia’s Air Ambulance audit raises questions
- 15-Mar-13 N574EH Sikorsky S76A++ Lake Charles, US-Louisiana (3F)
- 11-Mar-13 Sikorsky S76C++ Muskegon, US-Michigan
- Sikorsky recognises National Helicopter Services of Trinidad & Tobago