Across the industry we have seen different signs of the global recession affecting us in many different ways. One of the most tangible demonstrations of this is in new helicopter production, something that HeliHub.com monitors closely.
One of the helicopter types we have identified is the piston-engined Enstrom 280FX. The most recent serial number was 2134, delivered very recently to a customer in the Philippines via local distributor Beeline Helicopters. The previous airframe – 2133 – shows on the FAA files with a manufacturing date of 2007.
That said, Enstrom have done much better with the F28F and the 480. In the last four years, the company has produced six 28Fs for the Peruvian military, and a further four for other customers. The 480 line is doing a sterling job of holding the company together, with 25 helicopters produced including at least six for the Thai military (see below). Two for the Japanese military are also expected to be followed by confirmation for another 28 – see HeliHub.com story.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Enstrom sells F280FX helicopters to Pakistan
- 19-Jul-15 N280CH Enstrom 280FX Carlingford, Ireland
- 05-Jun-15 Enstrom F280FX Harrison River, Canada
- 26-Jan-15 N86235 Enstrom F280FX Erie, US-Colorado (2F)
- Enstrom Adds Dealers, Continues Innovation
- 05-Apr-14 G-OJMF Enstrom 280FX Kirchham, Austria (1F)
- Glass Panel Display STC for Enstrom Helicopters Nears Final Approval
- New CEO at Enstrom from 1st February
- Wuhan Police go live with Eurocopter EC135P2e
- Menominee City Council decision helps Enstrom
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Enstrom appoints construction company for 77,000 sq.ft extension
- Japan certifies Enstrom 480B
- Enstrom provides update on their new owners
- New owners at Enstrom Helicopter Corp
- Enstrom refreshes website
- Enstrom appoints new dealer in China