Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc., is excited to announce an agreement with Instrument Specialties Co., Inc. (INSCO) to design & build new Instrument Panel Assemblies for the model 47 helicopter.
INSCO will partner with AeroPanel Corporation & Geneva Aviation to provide a turnkey solution for a modern cockpit interface to be made available for upgrade of existing model 47 helicopters and for new model 47 helicopters if launched. The new panel incorporates modern instruments with LED panel lighting and also offers the option of upgrade to glass solutions including modern GPS Nav/Com equipment. SB47 & INSCO expect to complete the design & certification of the new panel within 12 months at which time SB47 will offer an upgrade for existing model 47 helicopters.
“We are extremely excited to be confirming the development of a new instrument panel for the 47.” stated Scott Churchill, President/Owner of Scott’s – Bell 47. “We will be able to offer upgrades to existing helicopters and this new panel is essential if we are to launch a new model 47 helicopter. INSCO has over 40 years of experience with instrument & panel designs, and they are very familiar with the model 47 helicopter.”
“Offering a brand new, modern instrument panel solution is an essential part of our product development plan and we are very excited to be moving forward with INSCO.” stated Neil Marshall, General Manager of Scott’s – Bell 47. “The new panel will not only satisfy the requirements of a new model 47 helicopter should we decide to launch that program, but it will enable existing operators to refresh their helicopters with modern, reliable equipment. Spare parts sourcing of existing instruments has become increasingly difficult for model 47 operators and this will provide them with a new lease of life.”
About Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc.
Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc., under the private ownership of Scott Churchill, is a sister company to Scott’s Helicopter Services Inc., one of the largest operators of Model 47 helicopters in the world, and Texas Helicopters Inc., manufacturer of the Wasp helicopter and a FAA PMA parts supplier & STC holder for the Model 47. SB47 is the Type Certificate holder for all FAA type certificated model 47 helicopters and provides OEM level customer support to the fielded fleet.
About Instrument Specialties Co., Inc., AeroPanel Corporation & Geneva Aviation
INSCO was founded in 1969 and has been providing engine monitoring instrumentation for rotary and fixed wing applications ever since. AeroPanel Corp. has been in the panel manufacturing business for over 50 years. Geneva Aviation, a member of the DART Helicopter Services family, was founded in 1985 and specializes in comprehensive instrument panel structural packages. All three companies are leaders in their field and have major OEM & operators in their customer portfolios.
- Scotts launches RR300 turbine powered 47GT-6
- Change of leadership at Scott’s – Bell 47
- 18-Jan-13 ZU-HRS Westland-Bell 47G.3B.1 Hibberdene, South Africa
- 03-Jan-12 N14841 Bell 47G5A Huron, US-California
- 01-Dec-12 N3755Z Bell 47G2 Walkerville, US-Michigan (1F)
- RR300 engine in Bell 47s possible as Rolls-Royce explores feasibility with Scott’s Bell 47
- 18-Sep-12 F-GHYS Agusta-Bell 47G-2 Basse-Pointe, Martinique
- 30-Aug-12 F-GHYS Agusta-Bell 47G-2 Ajoupa-Bouillon, Martinique
- 14-Aug-12 N444EH Bell 47G2 Flandreau, US-South Dakota
- 08-Aug-12 N90543 Bell 47G3B1 Stanton, US-Michigan
- 03-Aug-12 N8593F Bell 47G5 Tioga, US-Pennsylvania
- 02-Aug F-GFHL Bell 47G-2 Lamentin, Guadeloupe
- 27-Jul-12 N652HA Bell 47G2A New Frankfort, US-Indiana
- 25-Jul-12 N73252 Bell 47G2A Le Sueur, US-Minnesota
- 09-Jul-12 N2919W Bell 47G.3B.2 Treynor, US-Iowa
- 16-Mar-12 F-GBEG Bell 47G Basse-Pointe, Martinique
- 12-Mar-12 F-BXXL Agusta-Bell 47G2 Lorrain, Martinique (1F)
- 22-Feb-12 N43921 Bell 47 (M74 Wasp) Farmington, US-California
- Heli-Expo HFI Heritage of Helicopters Display detailed
- Scott’s Bell 47 to launch Model 47 upgrade program at Heli-Expo