FB Heliservices Ltd, a joint venture of Cobham and Bristow Helicopters, has been awarded an eight year contract by the Netherlands Ministry of Defence to provide helicopter air reconnaissance capacity to the Dutch Caribbean Coastguard. The contract is worth approximately â‚¬45 million.
“This contract breaks new ground for FB Heliservices and we’re very pleased with the award, especially following such a rigorous international competition,” said FB Heliservices managing director Peter Richardson. “The company already has a good history under long term performance based contracts supporting the Ministry of Defence, both in the UK and internationally.”
Operational in 2012, FB Heliservices will provide two AgustaWestland AW139 helicopters specifically equipped to provide air reconnaissance and also search and rescue capabilities.
“The two aircraft will be based in the Dutch Caribbean and FB Heliservices will also provide both AW139 qualified operational aircrew and maintenance services in order to fully support the Dutch Caribbean Coastguard air reconnaissance operations,” Richardson added.
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- Neighbours complain at temporary EMS helipad
- Sky Shuttle Helicopters’ First All-Female Crew
- Ornge Sells Two Surplus AW139s
- Former Ornge directors say they didn’t know about CEO’s extra fees
- UK – Dyson adds second AW139 to corporate fleet
- Dart launches lightweight interior ceiling panels for AW139
- UTair becomes first Russian AW139 operator
- RSG Delivers Universal Gimbal Mount Design for AW139
- Japanese STC for AW139 firefighting belly tank system
- Weststar signs for six AW139 and two AW189 at LIMA 2013
- Ornge investigation may take another year, says OPP
- New AW139 Simulator Obtains ENAC Certification to Level D
- Spectro are approved suppliers for debris and oil analysis services for AW139 operators
- New Ontario hospital helipad to improve patient care
- Honeywell receives FAA STC for AW139 Zing HUMS
- Saudi Medevac to Be Equipped with AW139
- Waypoint Leasing signs for GrandNew, AW139, AW169 and AW189
- Japan National Police orders two more AW139s